Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Lake LaSuAn NW Ohio

handymanjeff

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Fishing...The ONLY way we'll walk on water!
    • View Profile
I know info on lakes normally goes under that lake but this early in the season no one is posting lake info; that being said...This is possibly breaking news for this lake.

I spoke with the Fish and Wildlife guys today and there is a really good chance that they will open this lake for icefishing  this year. They are still waiting on final approval but due to not enough gills caught thru the summer they are looking for a solution by opening up ice fishing this year after no ice fishing for the past I can't remember how many years.

Expected opening will be Dec. 20th if we have good ice and continuing thru Feb. This is a fantastic gill lake and ice fishing used to be out of this world. I will be watching for a definite decision on their web site and will let everyone know. Anyone who has ice fished this lake in the past, I'm sure will jump at a chance to get back on this winter.

The Ice God's are Smiling again this year. ;D
Jeff Gunn

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
FishStyx Custom Rods
Vexilar
Open Water Wear
Grandpa Bob's Custom Jigs
Rajus
Ardent Reels
Eurotackle
Grund-L Custom Lures
Zeko Shoes
Liquid Mayhem

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Keep us posted!  If it's opened up, I'll be there!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

handymanjeff

• Global Moderator
  • Ice Fishing...The ONLY way we'll walk on water!
    • View Profile
I will definitely let you know Slab! Hopefully we can meet up there and fish together. I fished this years ago thru the ice and every year during open water. I can remember leaving with 20 gills over 10" in the pas.

Have you ever fished it?

There is no more checking in at the guard shack. Limits are posted at the dock and it's an honor system. Most of the time during open water there are DNR guys checking numbers of fish as you come off the lake.
Jeff Gunn

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
FishStyx Custom Rods
Vexilar
Open Water Wear
Grandpa Bob's Custom Jigs
Rajus
Ardent Reels
Eurotackle
Grund-L Custom Lures
Zeko Shoes
Liquid Mayhem

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
No I've never fished there. However I'll be there if it opens up!  I'm always up for bull gills! !  New lakes are always exciting to try to figure out.  I love the challenge!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
That would be good if they opened it. Seems like the fishing has gone down hill there since the check station went out but it is top notch for big gills and I'm sure you will catch a million bass too! Hopefully the stars align and we can try it out this year. I still remember my favorite ice fishin spot there :D hehehe
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
This lake has always on my bucket list, if they open it for ice you an bet I will be there. Any other species besides gills and bass? I know it's know for it's gills.

toadfish

• View Profile
Sounds like great news!  I fished there in soft water and always wanted to fish it in winter.  Had reservations one year and the ice turned bad before my trip.  I would love to figure it out, et me know if anyone is heading up and wants to try to teach an old dog some tricks.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Vexilar