Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Christmas list

quackpot

• View Profile
I'm asking the fat man for a new vexilar for Christmas. I would like everyones input should I ask for a fl20 or a flx28? I mainly fish alum creek and Indian lake but have been to other places. All input will be helpful. Thanks

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I just got a 28 and love it. If you're going to spend the money, why not get a top of the line unit that will last you for years.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

toadfish

• View Profile
I would go for the FLX-28.  I got an FL-20 a couple years ago, just before the FLX-28 was released.  Don't take me wrong, I love my fl-20.  I think the 28 will last a lot longer since it has a digital display with no moving parts.  I wore the bushings out of my very first velixar fl-8.

I hope you have been a good little boy.  Ask for some cold weather while you are at it.  I see we have high 40's in forecast for 12-14-2014.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 06:29:38 AM by toadfish »
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Saw guy

• View Profile
Got the flx-28 at the end of last season. First used it at Erie, and fell in love with it. The separation on the zoom is phenomenal.

g

• View Profile
I agree with slab. If you can afford it, get the top of the line. I have seen flx-28 and it looks sweet but haven't seen the flx-20 so I can't give any input on their differences. You get what you pay for so go with what you can afford.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
On the top of my list is simple...just want a little cooperation from mother nature so we can enjoy the ice season and play with all the new gadgets we got or will get this past year
                           Thanks Santa
                            Ntoiceman36
   P.s. if you grant my Xmas wish Santa luvstophish will let the catfish rest this year!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Luvztaphish

• Please help keep our waterways clean .
    • View Profile

quackpot

• View Profile
I just put me order in for the flx-28 pro pack. It looks like Christmas comes a little early. Hopefully I can get some pointers at the docks. This will be the longest ten days ever. But the price seemed pretty good.

buster

• View Profile
Hey quackpot, I'm going to get the 28 shortly too what price did you find and where

quackpot

• View Profile
Someone will probably tell us a lower price but ordered my thru Walmart.com. It was $589.11 shipped to the door. It was cheaper than cabelas with my discount and reeds sporting goods which is where I got my underwater camera. To save money I we with standard shipping because it was free and no sales tax. It should arrive next Friday.

quackpot

• View Profile
You may want to check marks bait in Ravenna. I Bought a used one from him a few years back and got a great deal. I just didn't have time for the drive.

bassmastermjb

• View Profile
You know I would have hooked you up($575.00) and can beat anybody's price , even Wall Mart.............Mark

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Mark will give the best price on Shantys & Fish Finders.... both new & used.   
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

TURKEY09

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Mark do you have the Eskimo Fatfish 949? Thorne Bros. Has it for $209.00 plus free shipping!
turkey09

Vexilar