Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Grand Lake Drive By 1-6-2015

toadfish

• View Profile
Looked at Anderson's/Sportsmens and nobody had been on the ice yet.  Won't be long with these temps.  I might hit some channels on the south side Sat. afternoon.  Lake from what I can see is nearly completely covered, no thickness check yet, maybe tomorrow.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Bryan78

• View Profile
I fished at Andersons this morning. Plenty of ice but only three small crappie and one gill. Ice was 4 to 5 inches in the first channel but not as good in the back. It was a little slushy under the snow also back there.

toadfish

• View Profile
I fished right behind you on the back channel and got skunked.  At least you had something to show for your efforts.  Not many people out and lots of guys looking but not much catching.
Pro ice fisherman, amateur icefishing catcherman.

Bryan78

• View Profile
I marked a few more and had a few bites but they were pretty light bites. Probably had too big of a hook on.

bobo

• View Profile
I was woundeing where andersons is ? My buddy who has lived up there for yrs wasnt sure either. Im going to be moving up there next month is there any spots around bayview/ diamond point that people ice fish? We used to go around dayton island yrs ago for perch thru the ice .does anybody fish that anymore? Thanks for any info

Vexilar