Ice Fish Ohio Forum

1-13-2015

crv423 · 8 · 6137

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
 Fished a panfish hole I have never fished before, had 7" of good clear ice over 1.5' of water that's right 1.5' and we caught a blue gill every 10 seconds. John Kernan and I must have landed over 200 gills from noon till 6ish.  I kept over 40 of them measuring 8 to 10 inches. I never would have thought they would be that shallow, but they are. The hot jig color  seemed to be orange and yellow tipped with a wax worm. The bite was light, most of them didn't even bounce the spring bobber, you had to watch your line, when it started to move to the side you set the hook and had a fish. I'll post pics. tomorrow before I clean them. Good luck and be safe.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

g

• View Profile
Great job Chris and John. Love it when you can catch nice sized fish one after another. Are you going out Friday or Saturday?

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
I'm taking a couple of clients out on a gill trip, will probably fish the same area if you would like to join us g.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

g

• View Profile
Sounds like a plan. Let me know where and what time you want to meet.
                                                                                                              Grant

fool4fish

• View Profile
Hey g looks like ice will be good I'll be out to buckeye all day Sat 2 nd half of Sun so mosey around n come say hi
It goes without saying if its anything worth doing might as well do it right

g

• View Profile
Where are you planning on fishing fool4fish?

fool4fish

• View Profile
Buckeye looks like the eyes are just starting to pack up so I may fish in closer to the bog for panfish early then hit 7' stuff for eyes mid afternoon to evening

fool4fish

• View Profile
If I can get my ducks in a row I may try n bring my boys and an army green bivvy tent without a door like a sunshade tent combo look for me or give me a call pm me if u don't have my number still

Vexilar