Ice Fish Ohio Forum

anyone know how the ice is?

smf8880 · 12 · 15451

smf8880

• View Profile
Was planning on heading to willard on Saturday, anyone know if there's any ice?

maxfire26

• View Profile
Ice is fine.  6'' on Tuesday.  Probably even thicker now.  Good luck. 

smf8880

• View Profile
Thank you! I've never been out there and want to give it a try. How's the fishing been?

Fishingoat

• View Profile
Hey thanks for the update.  Was the 6" on the n or s end?  Thinking bout heading that way on sat.  I skipped it last year but have done pretty well the previous years.  To do any good you need a camera.    The perch just suck in the bait and you would never even know w/o the camera.  Just something we learned.  Ill be in a clam 2000 on the n end if we go, so feel free to swing by.  Good luck. 
Born to fish.   No plan B.

maxfire26

• View Profile
Both ends had 6''.  I've used a camera before.  I know what you mean.  I've been to Willard several times on the ice over the years.  Some days I do good but the last few years it has been 3 bad days for every decent day.  Good luck.  I may get out Sunday.  Have to decide between that, rabbit hunting, or just getting my stuff ready to get out on Erie next week. 

smf8880

• View Profile
Thanks for the info anywhere to start first if we go? Went out on erie today 1 mile out of Catawba. Landed one lost 3, 10" of ice. Kind of hard to go from that to a inland reservoir!

Fishingoat

• View Profile
SMF.  We are headed to Willard in the morning. Should be there around 730.  We will probably be off the north end and just a little east.  I have a clam 2000 and a frabill 1 man flip.  Both will be on the ice.  Ill be in the clam. I wear a grey rain suit with black trim and a camo hat.  If you are out, pop by and say hi.  Maybe we can see if we can catch a few.  Also if u just go straight out of the ramp on the s end and look for 32 foot, that is not bad either.  It use to be anyhow.  Good luck.  I am headed to the islands on Monday.  Hope the big lake is good to us. 

Fishingoat

• View Profile
Maxfire.  Thanks for the update.  I heard it was going down hill. Have good memories so figured I would give it a shot.   I say get your gear together and then go shoot a few bunnies.
Hey good luck. Catch on the ice. 

Fishingoat

• View Profile
Nada.  Drowned a few Maggie's and waxies tho.  Plus jigs are all washed off and ready for next time.  North end was a ghost town.  Saw 2 eyes and a gill on the camera and only 3 other flickers on the vex in all the holes drilled.   Probably 6-7 shacks on south side.  Not sure how they did but quite a few were moving so I can guess.  Tight lines if you head out. 

Buckeye4X4

• View Profile
Any updates on Willard as of this week? Possibly looking to head up on Saturday.  Not sure how the ice is or how the snow pack is.  Thanks in advance!

Vexilar