wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
Wes I'd like to know what they are going to stock it with.

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
Perch, Channel Cat and bait fish last June. Perch again May of 2015. No bass will be added until 2016. But... they have had gills in there for a few years of good size form Mill Creek. 
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
I hope they put SM Bass in there!
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
If they pumped from milk creek it's hard to tell what's in there. They didn't stock any crappie? Pretty awsome that it's getting dosed with perch!!

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
No crappie that that I have seen. I cant believe the ODNR isn't doing a hybrid of some sort.
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
Yeah I agree that is weird, I'd like to see them stock black crappie only. Whites seem to populate to quickly and stunt. Blacks turn in to footballs with shoulders!!!

catfish

• View Profile
I'm  in ostrander, haven't  heard of this lake you guys are talking a about. You fish Indian  very much never been, head lots of good things about it . Heard some perch in it to as well

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
I'm  in ostrander, haven't  heard of this lake you guys are talking a about. You fish Indian  very much never been, head lots of good things about it . Heard some perch in it to as well

This Marysville Upground isn't legal to fish yet (2016). Indian is about as good as it gets for Ohio. With its size you can find hungry fish somewhere
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

catfish

• View Profile
Where is a good spot to start looking for perch and gills heard they were good size in it. Do you get very many saugeyes there.  Any advice would be appreciated.  THANKS PS what do you use for bait for the perch and gills

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
Again can't fish it till next year, 2016, I wouldn't imagine anything is good size yet just stocked it last year

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
Where is a good spot to start looking for perch and gills heard they were good size in it. Do you get very many saugeyes there.  Any advice would be appreciated.  THANKS PS what do you use for bait for the perch and gills
There are some really good spots on Indian that consistently produce perch. With that being said, those areas "like dream bridge" are not often safe.
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

Vexilar