Ice Fish Ohio Forum

1-29-15

crv423 · 3 · 3428

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
Finally our efforts paid off, fished from 6:30am till 7pm. Caught 4 keeper eyes, threw back 4 shorts, had a hog break off, missed several hits, and had about 5 tip up misses, even Dave came out for 2 hrs and caught a keeper, if Dave can catch one anyone can ;). Most fish came in 16fow on black/gold raps and clown vibes, but I did catch one keeper on a tip up in 8fow. They hit hard but your really had to finesse them to get them to commit. Besides the fish catching what a day, we had 16 deer, 2 coyotes cross the ice, and a bald eagle fly above us about 20ft, we don't get the pleasure of seeing eagles in this area, so when we do it's a treat. The best part of the day was proving to Dave the spot I picked had fish, always a doubter.  Good luck and be safe. P.s. When I fished the mouth of Cheshire cove last week I was standing on 6" of solid clear ice and spudded every step.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

buster

• View Profile
Good job CRV, what a day, where were you fishing

g

• View Profile
Sweet!! Sounds like a great day to me and you were definitely at the right spot. Nice job catching some keepers. Seeing the various wildlife was a nice bonus. Glad to hear eagles are making it your way. I see a few at Caesar Creek Lake during the summer. They are magnificent but I hate seeing them catch fish when I can't. Lol. Keep it up.

Vexilar