Ice Fish Ohio Forum

2-1-15 supebowl snow rain was it worth it

fool4fish

• View Profile
hell yeah it was got there 830a left 830p no action i was looking for during snow but in between the snow and rain begining the crappie heated up them the eyes started in once the rain started and hit steady until it really peaked near dark bout 430 the rain was relentless but so was i stopped counting eyes at 25 throwbacks :o only one keeper 17 in. very fat 3 keeper crappies two were 12 in. and threw back two channels one over 5 lbs took near 10 min to get em in hit on my new clam spooler combo 24 in ultralight 3 lb micro ice line meet up with a local named will we fished it out together he did good too looked like i had him beat and the tortise caught the hare he ended up with 5 nice crappie n a very nice gill we measured ice 9 and 10  in on scoop handle once all this rain on top refreezes should be pushing 11 to 12 in, when we walked off there was a good two inches of rain better bring boot spikes  8) ;D 8) all in all had sum great fellowship and good acton
It goes without saying if its anything worth doing might as well do it right

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
now thats hardcore icefishing guys,nice catch.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

fool4fish

• View Profile
thanks holehopper just another example of a true addiction

FrozenBuckeye

• Hard water Hero
    • View Profile
Hey! Caught another nice gill and another nice perch after you left yesterday. We need to get out there soon and put sum more fish on the ice!
A bad day on the ice is better than a good day in the office!

fool4fish

• View Profile
Defenitely bud good job on that perch

Vexilar