Ice Fish Ohio Forum

where to buy a shanty

kortis04

• View Profile
Does any store in northeast ohio still have any in stock?  Looking everywhere cant find anything.  Dont want to wait and order online.  Any ideas?

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Did you try marks bait & tackle in ravenna, I don't know for sure but he keeps a healthy inventory.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

kortis04

• View Profile
Just got the number and address.  Going to call them tomorrow thanks

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
I know he had some shappell S3000's, 1 or 2 shappell bay runners, and a few Eskimo one man flips last week.

kortis04

• View Profile
I was looking for the fx200.  Whats better the cabin style or flip over.  Do the flipovers stay warm?

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
It depends on you style of fishing, if you run and gun you would want a flip over, if you get to a spot, drill some holes and relax a cabin style would be roomy and better suited but requires a tear down and pack up before relocation.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

kortis04

• View Profile
Flip over it is then lol.  I was always just concerned about heat since the cabin style has a floor

wannafish

• View Profile
i have an eskimo fatfish 949i it has no floor and just recently got a buddy heater when we went out sunday my phone said it was 62 in the shanty

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
You might want to consider weight also. Some two man flips are pretty heavy as opposed to one man flips where you give up a lot of space. Pop up hubs are light weight and roomy but wind could be a factor.  The one man flips just aren't enough room for me. I went to a suitcase style shappel with skis due to I'm getting to old to pull the heavy 2 man flips. Weigh your pros and cons and your fishing style and you will be fine. Good luck!

snag

• View Profile
Check Craigslist....I just went out there and saw quite a few of them.

Icetester

• View Profile
The shappell fx100 is a great shanty. It's the biggest one man on the market for fishing space. It also is the lightest on the market. Best shanty made at the cheapest price as well.

Ordered mine from a store in michigan and had it in a few days.

Fisnfool

• View Profile
You might want to consider weight also. Some two man flips are pretty heavy as opposed to one man flips where you give up a lot of space. Pop up hubs are light weight and roomy but wind could be a factor.  The one man flips just aren't enough room for me. I went to a suitcase style shappel with skis due to I'm getting to old to pull the heavy 2 man flips. Weigh your pros and cons and your fishing style and you will be fine. Good luck!

Same for the 2 man Gander Mountain I have.  Little buddy is a great unit.

The gander is a pull hub style so I can still run n gun with it.

It comes with 6 very sharp ice anchors and 2 tie offs for the pull hubs.  The bottom edge has 4 grommets for the anchors.  No floor.  But I made one from the Harbor Freight anti fatigue mats.  I tapped the mats together using Ice n Cold tape from Home Depot.  The floor is 6' by 58" hinged on the 58" center line with the tape.  Worked out great.  I made a elevated sled, and the floor slides under it.  I'll post a sled thread later today. Wife goes to work at 1 and I can then set up in the garage for pics.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 11:52:25 AM by Fisnfool »
When fish are in schools, they sometimes take debate.

K Gonefishin

• View Profile
I was in the market a couple weeks ago, I called Marks but they didn't have what I was looking for, ended up with a quick fish 3 from L&M they had by far the lowest prices on the web including amazon with free ups ground shipping.

http://www.landmsupply.com/department/sporting-goods/ice-fishing/fish-houses

Cancelled sunday's trip but will be out with these thing this weekend, I set it up in the living room, very easy to setup, I'm taking a drill for the anchors.

Vexilar