Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Sat. the 7th

crv423 · 2 · 2687

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
Plan on getting up early and dissecting another area that to my knowledge hasn't been fished yet. I don't know if it will be the spot I've been searching out for the last two years or not, but you never know till you try. The area looks promising, lots of different depths, couple of humps, and a nice inside bend on a descent drop off, with deep water close by. I've put together a small group of guys to fish with, so we can really spread out and attack the area, and give them a variety of lures and colors to choose from. I will post how we end up doing sat. night, the way things have been going it'll probably be another 13 hour day with a couple of whiskered fish. We recently have stuck a camera down and notice a lot of dead and dying shad, I wonder if this is the reason we can't get the eyes to commit to our offerings, are they gorging themselves on these shad? Good luck and be safe.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
Well we hit hard, and not an eye for the frying pan. We did how ever find maybe the best perch spot in Alum creek. I know you're thinking, perch in alum creek? There are quite a bit but I have never caught one over six inches, Sat we got 2 over 11" and would of had more I believe if we figured out what was steeling our minnows and minnow heads off our saugeye lures, and started fishing for them. We all had numerous hits and follows that acted the same as the perch we caught. When we put them on the ice they all puked up blood worms. We ended up with 3 keeper perch and 5 catfish. the fish we caught all came in 30 plus fow, on every style of lure, fished from 11am till 9pm. Gonna try it again today, I will post what we find. Good luck and be safe.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

Vexilar