Ice Fish Ohio Forum

BUCKEYE GILL APOCLYPSE

fool4fish

• View Profile
FISHED SUN 930AM-600 PM DECIDED TO TRY AN OLD FAITHFUL GOT MY FIRST BUCKEYE LAKE PERCH EARLY 10 IN KNEW THEY WERE THERE FINALLY GOT ONE A 12 IN CRAPPIE THEN BITE REALLY STALLED DECIDED TO TRY A SPOT I GOT GILLS AT NIGHT UNDER LIGHTS 4PM TILL DARK AND PRECEDED TO GO ON THE BEST RUN OF GILLS EVER ON PUBLIC WATERS DIDNT COUNT EM YET ABOUT TO CLEAN EM BUT I GOT AT LEAST A DOZEN TO 16 OVER 8 1/2 IN BET THERES SEVERAL OVER 9 LOST TWO BEAUTIFUL PINK COLORED GUYS THAT PUSHED 10 IN.LONGER THAN MY 8 IN HOLE N LOST EM THREW 2 GILLS BACK 3 DINK SAUGEYE  AND A FAT CHANNEL I SAID IT BEFORE I CAME OUT AND FISHED SUN THAT BUCKEYE HAS THE BEST INLAND PANFISHING IN CENTRAL OHIO AND I BELIEVE I DONT CATCH THROWBACK PANS AT BUCKEYE
It goes without saying if its anything worth doing might as well do it right

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
It is an incredible gill lake, I brought home 45 earlier this year in a 5 hour outing, the smallest being 8", you know it's a good lake when you can fillet the gills.
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

Green Pea

• View Profile
Sweeeeeet, man that would be a blast. I looked that lake up yesterday and it's about two hours from my house. Sooner or later I'm going to make the drive there.

From what I see posted here and read about that has to be one of the better lakes in our State.

Thursday I find out if I am having an operation or not. If I don't get laid up for a bit I'm heading there as long as the ice is still good.

Love2fish

• View Profile
Fool4Fish - Curious how deep you are fishing.  Not looking for spots but generally deeper water or shallower?  Sounds like an awesome day out there, congrats!

fool4fish

• View Profile
love2fish No electronic but it's 6_7 ft anywhere close to marsh is good green pea you get the green light pm me to come down can only fish half day Sat cuz v day Sun will b all day

Love2fish

• View Profile
Unfortunately my weekend is shot as my daughter has a volleyball tournament both Saturday and Sunday.  Definitely need to make it out soon.  Good news is that weather report indicates that we will have some solid ice for a few more weeks with multiple nights getting down in the single digits.  I will ping you when I am heading out.  May need to be some short evening trips as I am only about 30 minutes from the lake.

Green Pea

• View Profile
love2fish No electronic but it's 6_7 ft anywhere close to marsh is good green pea you get the green light pm me to come down can only fish half day Sat cuz v day Sun will b all day
Thank you Sir,... I will PM you either way. 

fool4fish

• View Profile
I see u caught that green pea ur most Def invited if u get the green light from doc love 2 fish is invited too I don't discriminate but yes the invite was extended to green pea because our conversations in night light bite all are always welcome to join me at all times

Vexilar