Ice Fish Ohio Forum

How has the fishing been

beanz8817 · 16 · 14887

beanz8817

• View Profile
I am going to get out this weekend and try out a few spots. just wanting to know how the ice was out there?

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
Haven't bern myself but I gotta figure it would be ok. I was actually playin around with heading up there this weekend my self.

beanz8817

• View Profile
I think that where I am goingto go and give it a try so if you see a cabelas shanty out there that will be me. Hope there is still some walleye there. Might put a tip up for one of them guys haha.

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
There are plenty in there, caught my share of 16-20" fish this past year trolling. Just haven't found them thru ice. The perch are there too caught a te of them as well and it's loaded with crappie. If I can talk the wife into getting out tomorrow then that's where we will go. I'll be in a blue shappell

Ohiobuck

• View Profile
I fished from 4:00pm to 7:00 this evening and caught three crappie two small mouth bass and more catfish then I could count . I could not keep the catfish away long enough for any other fish to have a chance

beanz8817

• View Profile

Ohiobuck

• View Profile
8 - 10 inches of good ice with almost no snow on top

beanz8817

• View Profile
nice! but its going to be slick which im ok with.

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
Ohio buck what kind of bait was your preference? And what general direction were you fishing? I assume you acceded from the ramp?

beanz8817

• View Profile
I'm out here now and im having a hard time finding fish

Ohiobuck

• View Profile
I walked back to the southwest corner with the deepest water left in the res found about 19' back there you will see the 100 holes i drilled looking for fish lol I was using a small tungsten jig with red maggots
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 05:19:06 PM by Ohiobuck »

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
Ohio buck thanks, kind o the area I was thinking of hitting too. Beanz how did you end up doing. I have 3 places in mind for Monday and killdeer is set in the mix

Ohiobuck

• View Profile
There was one other guy out there he had a few catfish setting on the ice he said that's all he was catching. The crappie I caught were right before dark

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
Sounds good, I'm planning on going up monday we will see how it goes. Gonna put some tip ups out and hopefully I get something. Fished it a handful of times last year and didn't get squat.

beanz8817

• View Profile
I didnt have any luck i was near the water inlet it was only about 9' there but next time i go out i will make my way back that way. the wind was kicking my but so we packed up and moved down to pound 33 and hooked into some gills. I was thinking about going back out there monday evening beck i head into work.

Vexilar