Ice Fish Ohio Forum

got blades???

FrozenBuckeye

• Hard water Hero
    • View Profile
I need 6" replacement blades. Dont know what brand just looking for whatever will work.
A bad day on the ice is better than a good day in the office!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
each drill has its own blades, like lazer,strikemaster,nil, ect...if your blades are still on the drill you can sharpen them somewhat with a lansky type sharpener and hard stone..but only hone the top of the blade not the bottom...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

FrozenBuckeye

• Hard water Hero
    • View Profile
One blade broken and missing a bolt, the other has a stripped bolt. I might as well get replacements but dont know what brand. I know some brands use different colors like red or blue. Mine is black and that's all I know. Bought it used at a flea market

Basshawk1

• View Profile
If it's black it's 95% likely it's a mora. Should be able to get a set for 15 to 20

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Color of the Auger? It'll help identify its maker:

Red: Eskimo
Blue: Mora
Black: Strikemaster
Turquoise: Nils
Orange: Nils
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
a new set of mora blades is 30.00 to 33.00 just priced some recently. :-[
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

bruce136

• View Profile
 Black should be a Strikemaster Lazer. Strikemaster also makes Mora(blue). Be sure to get the correct blades. The Lazer blades will be be around $40.00.

FrozenBuckeye

• Hard water Hero
    • View Profile
Black should be a Strikemaster Lazer. Strikemaster also makes Mora(blue). Be sure to get the correct blades. The Lazer blades will be be around $40.00.

How do I find out exactly what make/model??? Yes I meant the color of the auger. Mine is black.

bruce136

• View Profile
 Look at the picture of the blades in the link. If they look like that, then you have a Lazer. Other blades look different. You said the size is a 6". I believe the new blades come with new bolts.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
my blades have mora made in Sweden on them .....im going to assume that the other blades have some markings ,  ;D

FrozenBuckeye

• Hard water Hero
    • View Profile
Is Mora short for Kimora? It wasn't until right this second that I read about the manufacture's stamp on the blades. I've removed the blades and am soaking them in some rust buster for a couple hours. As soon as I know more I'll post again! Thanks in advance everyone!!!

FrozenBuckeye

• Hard water Hero
    • View Profile
Ok I found a manufacturing stamp. I have a Ki or Kj Mora 6" 150mm also marked Sweden. I know what to look for now, thanks guys!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
good deal 8)

Vexilar