Ice Fish Ohio Forum

2/20/21/22

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
Fished out of Catwaba friday with a buddy and was slow but after a few moves we got a decent bite from 3:30 to 5:30, Saturday we went to Crane and went out about 5 miles and had a great day, my buddy and I had about 50 fish and they hit on just about everything. Big fish was 11.3 lb and went back in along with quite a few 9+ lb fish. Just a incredible day of fishing. Sunday we went back to same area and pulled a few fish but was just slow. We made a few moves and ended up just East of West sister island and got a few more along with a dozen jumbo perch. All on buckshot spoon with one shiner.
EPIC ICE FISHING ADVENTURES-
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES
ICEJUNKIESOUTDOORS.COM - ACE CUSTOM RODS
VULTURE SYSTEMS- VICIOUS FISHING
STRICKER ICE - AQUA VU- NEBULOUS FLOTATION
PRO CURE SCENTS- GRIM OUTDOORS

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
thanx for sharing that is a great fish...
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
Ice was 20" + everywhere I drilled. Traveling was rough at Catwaba due to slush being refroze on trails but decent at Crane. Friday the 4 mile crack at Catwaba was open 2 1/2 feet where I crossed it. Cracks were tight at Crane but beach area was deep snow making it tough for quads to get on and off ice. Lots of shove ice at Crane but still easy to navigate.
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES

g

• View Profile
Great job Eyewall. Got there early fri. afternoon and fished west of Kellys and only picked one. My buddy got 5 but had 3 before I got there. Stayed at Camp Perry Fri. night and went out of there Sat.  3 of us got 6 fish about 5.6 miles out by the shove. Auger was messing up so didn't make it out Sun. Going back up in 2 weeks. Enjoyed fishing in the snow Sat. Warm, calm and peaceful. Coming in in the fog was not so enjoyable.

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Nice report Shaun. Also had good days till Sunday. No one caught fish Sunday and if they did good job. They got their fill on Saturday no doubt and had to figure they wouldn't bite Sunday. Probably Dave and Chris' fault but who am I to say :D We shouldn't have to go more than 5 miles to catch some fish. Sounds like Catawaba is heating up again might be the place to be here in the coming weeks the fish are all just too big there :D G how was that trip west of Kellys wouldn't mind headin there to avoid crowds!
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
Yeah Jonny I was thinkin the same thing about sunday, after Saturday that they had full Bellys. We just couldn't find a school of fish. The fish we did catch were singles and there was no hestitation in them biting, they just shot off the bottom and smacked it. I almost thought about coming home after saturday knowing I could only do worse. Lol,  but still had a blast sunday. I'm heading back up this sat and Sunday. Might try Crane Saturday and Catwaba sunday.
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES

Vexilar