Ice Fish Ohio Forum

cram it in while you can

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yep,   cram any ice  fishing in you can because when it goes .... :P  :'(   :'(    then there is the agonizing wait for soft water while the remaining ice that you cant get on melts off... :-X this winter is brutal and its tougher to drag all my crap out  on the same waters that I fish in my boats.....so...what do you think ???   hmmmm    my 5$ worth 
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Well I ice fished at least 3 days a week plus I took 2 weeks vacation just for ice fishing , I've had my fill of it. My normal ice trip was sun up to sun down unless I hit my limit or I went after work and then fished til dark. I was going out this morning for my last ice fishing trip for this season but when I woke up at 4 am I rolled over and turned the alarm off and went back to bed. My wife woke up at 7 am and I was still sawing logs she woke me up and said, " Dan you okay, you didn't go fishing I thought you must be sick" I told her I was burned out and done for the season......she was speechless . Going to clean up my gear today , take all my line off the reels and put it in the garage attic. Tomorrow I will start making bobbers and jigs for the soft water. See you all next season!

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
I'm about there my self, going out Monday as my last hooray. Interested in what kind of bobbers you make.

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
balsa wood bobbers,  I buy a 1"x 1"  36 " long stick , hand sand it on my lathe and taper it on a belt sander. I only make enough to get me through a season, I used to make a couple hundred a year but the balsa wood dust is horrible.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Looks like mid week might be it for me too. Hope not, but a week of 50's with off and on rain and sun won't bode well for the ice. Looks like I'll be getting the Ranger ready very soon.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I hear ya guys im burned out myself ......did not think I would hear myself say that but it has been a really rough  winter...........
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I know. I never thought I'd say it either, but as my wife and I were making dinner we were talking and I was saying this is the only winter I ever remember being happy to see end. I'm still going to go a few more times on the ice next week if it's safe, but am so ready for boating season. I think next Sunday the shanty will be set up in the basement until next December. Ice fishing is my favorite kind of fishing, but I'm so ready for spring this year!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar