Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Beware the SPIKES! Save your marriage.

CFosterI

• View Profile
 Well I've always heard about spikes. They are supposed to be good for pan fish right? I've never had them available at a bait shop around here. Two weeks ago my buddy invites me to Indian Lake. I check the reports. Spikes are out fishing the gills 4 to 1. So I stop at a bait store near Indian and guess what? They have spikes! So I buy 2 cups of red spikes. Never caught a fish. 1 bight I missed. 7 Gills caught between 9 guys. All gills caught by 3 guys on wax worms. So I go home. Take the spike cups out of my pocket and set them on the shelf above the coat rack for the next outing. I get home today and meet my wife at the door holding the fly swatter. She says, do you have any idea why I am being attacked by a poltergeist of big black flies? Ummmmmmm.
DON'T LEAVE YOUR SPIKES IN THE HOUSE. Had to buy her flowers.
Should have known. :)

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I feel for ya ......my bait is usually discovered in the fridge .....
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
Lmao!!! You need to refrigerate them! I have had some in the fridge for about a month and they have been fine.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
My wife jumped a foot in the air the first time I put waxies and spikes in the fridge and she pulled them out by accident. Now I announce that bait is in the fridge and it goes into a hard puck and not the cheap plastic cups that break and let spikes out in the fridge!  ;D
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar