Ice Fish Ohio Forum

got out yesterday

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Made it to Sippo yesterday. Boat worked like a charm, even after I had to repair the trolling motor after an unfortunate accident over the winter. No fish though, water temp was between 49.2-50.4.  Only lasted 45 minutes of actual fishing before shoulder pain in my casting shoulder chased me off the lake. Doctor said today that I need an MRI on it to see what's wrong. Hope my soft water season isn't over before it starts.  :-\
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

z400wolverine

• View Profile
Ouch,that's not good,if MRI is positive,get it done quick,6-8 weeks you'll be good to go!But on the positive side,with winter,moisture and in my case age,being a factor,just throwing a baseball around,the ole arm and shoulder isn't use to that kinda motion for awhile,lol,GL!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey joel kinda know what your goin thru, just cast under hand and use the wrist more, pivot at the hip... 8)   heheheh   but seriousely hope you will be ok .. :)
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Thanks guys. It will be, it's a 15 year old injury that just keeps getting worse and I can't sleep with it now. I was going to try to wait 1 more year, but I can't. X-ray showed no bone damage, but mri next week will show the true story. Just hope therapy is all I need. Don't want to miss the soft water season with a a surgery.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Rumi

• Bucket Brigade Infantry
    • View Profile
    • OhioGameFishing
Let us know what you find out Joel.
If you need the surgery, I'll reel in all of the slobs you catch this year!
(just to help a fella out of course)   :P  ;)  8)
Love that sound of ice cracking at dawn!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Of course! ! ;D  Go Tuesday morning for the MRI and will learn more soon. Keep you posted.

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
i will send ya a blow up fish bouquet  hehheheh ;D

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'll need it. Might be only fish I catch for the next 4 months!  :-\ Hope not though, otherwise you might see me playing with those musical fishing games designed for 3 year olds.  ;D  Desperate times..........

Team Wilcraft!

g

• View Profile
Know what you are going through. Have had both shoulders done in the last 4 years. Mine work great now. You may have to artificial ice fish and just vertical jig for a while. Hope therapy is all you need. Good luck.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
He needs therapy alright, you couldn't have said it better G! ;D
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Rumi

• Bucket Brigade Infantry
    • View Profile
    • OhioGameFishing
Vertical jigging is whats happening in the Western  Basin!

Hawgs are available!
Love that sound of ice cracking at dawn!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm beyond help of therapy!   :o  However, the shoulder thing, thanks guys. Had the mri today and will know more in a couple days. Fingers crossed.

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
ah you will be ok , falling apart is easy , just need lots of glue to put it all back together again....

g

• View Profile
Don't mind getting older, it's the getting decrepit that gets on my nerves. Hope you get good news slab.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Just heard back from doc this afternoon. Good news is no damage in my neck. Shoulder another story. Rotator cuff is torn and he said the surrounding tendon is thin. Said it looks like a piece of chewing gum with sometimes tongue about to break thru it. I go next Friday to see him and discuss options. We'll see what happens next. No casting till then, but Sunday is rain anyway and Saturday I can't fish anyway. Just hope it's not vertical jigging all summer!  ;D

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar