Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Bluegill Burlesque

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hand sized Fatties:

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
More Teasers:

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Now that's making me excited to go bluegill fishing!   ;D  The only time I target bluegill is thru the ice, but there's nothing like a 9 or 10" bull gill on the end of your 1 pound line. Can't wait to get on C-5, then Moggy. Hope Nimi picks up this year. Last year size was way down. Got tons over 9" 2 years ago but only 1 from Nimi last year. Had to go elsewhere to get the big ones. But on a positive note, the size at Moggy has really stepped up!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Badgerstate36

• View Profile
Those are some nice Bluegills!  :o
Just a Badger/Packer fan living the dream in Buckeye country.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Yeah, Nimmy was a tad disappointing for me last season eventhough the weather was fantastic.  I caught 1/2 the number of panfish in comparison to the previous season.

From my Moggy observations, the fishery has continued to improve for the last 5-7 years.  I dont think it'll ever return to it's once great throne of being one of the top bluegill Ohio lakes, but it is getting better.

g

• View Profile
Nice mess of gills ibj. Bad thing is people over harvest the bigger fish and the fishery declines. Happens at far to many lakes. Luckily, I have a pond that is loaded with bullgills.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
loaded pond heh? lets blast  heheh hey icebucket how did you teach those fish to face the same way ?   heheh    and your right moggy will not be back to the old days without the weed cover it had....and nimi wasn't a gill place last year. and I have noticed that perch seem to be exploding all over on inland lakes...moggy has some nice perch,
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Yes it does. And I agree that it'll never be back to the glory days. It's improves over several years ago, you can catch more than a 4"fish now, but we'll never see the good ol days again. The 9"+ gills should be released. Good breed stock. I never keep anything over 9.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Dream Tuggers

Aristarchus

• View Profile
This is killing me  :)

Next week I'll be taking the gills I have in the freezer down to Tennessee to give to my folks. I need to replenish the supply.
"The farther he goes, the more he realizes that he is standing on slippery places and if he allows himself for one moment to lose his simplicity and humility, a fall is inevitable."

g

• View Profile
Sweet pictures ibj. Love it when you can lip panfish.

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The ADDICTION continues:

Vexilar