Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Crappie action?

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Been wondering if anyone has been getting some nice crappie?  Still working everyday and not had a chance to get out yet and hoping to do so soon and curious if anyone doing good anywhere? 

I can't wait to get on the ice and start pulling slabs thru a hole!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
SS Joel:

Every single one of us is chomping at the bit... just like you.

PATIENCE IS NOT A VIRTUE!!
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
need to convert to perch .    ;D   
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
I went out today for 3 hrs.fishing a small bay and around some docks 35 to 40 crappies,all smalls,1 bass also small,started to drizzle around 1p.m. so i bailed,the bite bailed around the same time.plx. it was something to do for awhile,pretty bored here in good old AKRON.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

z400wolverine

• View Profile
Hit Nimi Christmas morning,couple duck hunters,was marking,but not to much hitting what I threw,water was 43

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
my guess would be close to bott  and around 12 ft  for crappy and over mud bott for perch just a hunch . ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

megan66

• View Profile
Pounded crappie last 3 days at St Mary's! 71 total, 3 biggest 14" , 13-3/4",13-1/2"

Most fished averaged in the 10-11" range!

Have pics of the 2 biggest on my cell, don't know how to upload from cell?

Cork fishing 2ft deep with plastics!

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
You been fishing off the bank or in a boat?

holehopper

• View Profile
small bay at plx where i have been fishing was skim iced over today.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
There was a lot of skim on lakes around here yesterday. As I flew in from Florida yesterday, it was clear and I could see all plx from the plane. A lot of skim ice floating on various lakes. We'll be on soon despite the warmup.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Aristarchus

• View Profile
I caught one 10" crappie at Portage Lakes State Park right before Christmas after standing in the wind and drizzle for an hour and a half. It was his lucky day, I let him go because I was cold and wet and didn't feel like standing out there any more even though the fish were just starting to bite.
"The farther he goes, the more he realizes that he is standing on slippery places and if he allows himself for one moment to lose his simplicity and humility, a fall is inevitable."

holehopper

• View Profile
But if you caught one and left,how do you know the fish were starting to bite? just kidding  ;)

Vexilar