Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Propane regulations for use to power an ice auger?

futurestrader

• View Profile
    • Byrneinvest
Does anyone one know if you can use propane to power an ice auger legally on restricted electric only motor inland lakes?  I know we can use propane to heat the shanty but can we also use it to power ice augers?  Thanks in advance!
Pro Staff Member
Fishing for panfish
Walleye on Erie
www.byrneinvest.com

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
They use gas augers on Nimisila,it's elec mtrs only,so i don't know why you can't,they are even more enviorment friendly,no chance of a gas spill.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Same as Deer Creek.  The only lakes I know that prohibit gas augers are Ladue and Mogadore. I don't see why you couldn't use propane on those lakes though, it's all contained and not a pollutant like gasoline.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
well I have used my gas auger on nimi and moggy and the fun police never bothered me, jeezz my auger runs cleaner than most cars, what next E check my drill  ...hahahhahaahah   oh wait cant use my heater on the ice?  come on how about that lighter in your pocket, oops don't pee on the ice ...now I'm just goofin ...im too old to drill by hand so you can have my drill when you can  pry it from my cold dead fingers    heheheheheheheh  8)
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Nimi is fine. And I've been on Mogadore with my gas also. You get 50x the pollution that gets pushed into the water by the snow plows that go by and push all the road grime on the ice. Then it meld into the water. Our gas drills put no pollution into the water at all. At no time does the power head ever get near the water, if it does then there's a major problem.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Vexilar