Ice Fish Ohio Forum

tackle storing made easy

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
have been working on storing my plugs and harnesses and misc  in my boat since there isn't ice. these clear tubes sure have made it nice, easy to find stuff , takes up less room, switching out lures while bouncing along erie will be easier. I even see ice jigs in small tubes,
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 11:53:28 PM by snowcone »
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Wonderful idea for the crawler harness,I have been struggling for a solution for years.I see you are a reef runner fan,me too.For my ice jigs, small spoons,and pin mins,I hook them into small squares of styrofoam,by color and size,and put them in the compartments in the box,it gives me some kind of order,better than 25 jigs all wadded up in a tangled ball.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 10:10:30 AM by holehopper »
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Saw guy

• View Profile
Really like the idea of utilyzing the tubes. That's thinking outside of the box. Literally.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yeah my fishin bud used to say I have a tackle box with a 90 hp merc on it because stuff was all over . and over time my boat has become a little experiment . but its fun trying new stuff some work some a disaster...

holehopper

• View Profile
If I were to put all my ice lures in tubes,I would need a steamer trunk to haul it around,and slabslayer would need a overseas container. :D
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Downthehole

• View Profile
If I were to put all my ice lures in tubes,I would need a steamer trunk to haul it around,and slabslayer would need a overseas container. :D

From what I've read so far slabs fishing boat would look like this:

Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

Downthehole

• View Profile
Btw : That would be a cool fishing boat!  ;)

holehopper

• View Profile
you would need a really long handled net.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
a really really long handle net

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
The net would fit in one of the containers no problem. Our maybe I'd attach it to the crane and use it like a pier net!   ;D  Either way great idea, but I might need a bigger truck to pull it.  ;D :o
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Downthehole

• View Profile
The net would fit in one of the containers no problem. Our maybe I'd attach it to the crane and use it like a pier net!   ;D  Either way great idea, but I might need a bigger truck to pull it.  ;D :o

Launching would be fun.....just think of the size of fish you could catch with it though!

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
Nice Charter Boat.  Might have to charge alot just for gas, but it be smooth sailing. Oh no sails i c.

Fishin 2

• View Profile
I think you can get those tubes from Amish Outfitters, they sell a lot of organizing stuff.
Take a Kid Fishing, You'll need the help Carrying Fish  !!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
your right about amish outfitters that's where this set up is from, storing tackle in the boat is a challenge ,  and every boat is different ...if I had my way I would have a moving rack system like the dry cleaners have that rolling rack, then I could push a button and the lures would travel past until I seen the one I wanted...heheh   . my poor boat usually is a mess after a day of fast and furious, you guys know what I mean , I wish we could run 3 rods each ,my little boat would look like a trawler . hahah

Vexilar