Ice Fish Ohio Forum

How much Snow did you get?

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
I was wondering how much snow you recieved in your area and how it might effect your lakes.

Please be carefull on the ice as this added weight and not being able to see week spots can make for a deadly outcome.

Please be carefull.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

firefish532

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hey Dave got around 8 to 10 but the wind made it worse Have not been on Indian since snow but plan on going Monday
Firefish

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
We got about a foot according to the local report, but you'd never know by the 4 foot drifts all over the place. My mother in law got stuck on C.R. 8 outside of West Mansfield. The drift just ate her Jeep.

The sunlight was very bright here and that can be a recipe for disaster on 6" of ice. It'll be pretty pocked up now, but the temps are going to be really really low this whole upcoming week. We should be alright. If you do go fishing... Avoid any drifts, and try to find areas that are protected from the wind. Also keep in mind that the snow insulates the ice ans can make for unstable conditions in a matter of a couple of days, and like Dave said, anywhere you're standing is your weight + the weight of the snow.

Good Fishin'

RatherBe
Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Had 18+" here in Canton area.  Going to check out my lakes tomorrow afternoon, couldn't get out over the weekend.  Worked today and tomorrow morning.  Ice was good on friday and bite was on ahead of the storm.  Now calling for 6-10" more tomorrow into Wednesday.  I'll keep everyone posted on NE area lakes.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

pig puncher

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
how much do you need? you can have mine. the snow frogs are sayin' kneedeep.

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
i believe we got around 7,8 inches, allen co./ lima area. but most of got blown into auglaize county
be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

Vexilar