Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Buckeye Ice 1/13/2016

Heaven Bound

• View Profile
Buckeye Lake has been making ice for at least 2days maybe more
Here is picture from web cam 1/13/2016

bucknuts

• View Profile
Sweet. Web Cam? We're is it at? Can you post a link?

Thanks
Know our history or we are bound to repeat it!

Guzzy

• View Profile

bucknuts

• View Profile
Thanks heavnbound. Guz "you could try that keeping your sarcasm to yourself thingamabob!!!"

tiggy2

• View Profile
Ok, looking for advice here. Never ice fished buckeye,  but really wanna try it this year. Just maybe a few tips on where to start, a decent place to catch some slab crappie and or saugeye :) not looking for anyone's " secret spot" lol. Just some places to have some fun catching. Any help would be awesome , thanks :)

Heaven Bound

• View Profile

real deal

• View Profile
Tiggy2 you will find some guys on here wont help u find where to go. Its a big lake and its full of fish. A few of the guys even say they wont tell u because their ice fishing guides, andddd there not. I murder the saugeye out there, head to fairfield beach and go out across the lake and fish next to the marsh island. 7 to 10 ft of water, tip ups and bass minnow work great. Jigs with bass minnow and vibes work good also. For gills head into the shallow coves, i catch em in 2 to 4 ft of water on wax worms. Good luck!

tiggy2

• View Profile
Thanks so much. Really appreciate the help. Was hoping to maybe get up there Friday if the ice is safe. If I hear good reports me and my buddy may come up to check it and hope to do some fishing :) thanks again heaven bound and real deal. Good luck to u and always safe fishing.

bucknuts

• View Profile
This site is 100 times better than OGF. A bunch of sissy boys run that site.

Instant message me tig and we can hook up on Sunday at Buckeye...I'll show you what I know.

E

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
Tiggy2 you will find some guys on here wont help u find where to go. Its a big lake and its full of fish. A few of the guys even say they wont tell u because their ice fishing guides, andddd there not. I murder the saugeye out there, head to fairfield beach and go out across the lake and fish next to the marsh island. 7 to 10 ft of water, tip ups and bass minnow work great. Jigs with bass minnow and vibes work good also. For gills head into the shallow coves, i catch em in 2 to 4 ft of water on wax worms. Good luck!

You are absolutely right man.  One specific guy I ice fished with several seasons gave me that same story last season.  The past few years have been spotty for me as far as ice time goes so I hadn't been out like I was 5 years ago due to 2 new youngsters.  This guy who is a "pro staffer" here said he would guide me but not just fish with me.  I know what I'm doing but haven't spent a lot of time on the lakes lately and like the company on the ice.  Oh well, it's just fishing man no big deal.  Sometimes friendships you make fishing can last other times acquaintances are just that.

Tight lines and stay safe!

g

• View Profile
The only area I have fished at Buckeye is Fairfield Beach. Walk out past the island and start drilling holes and checking depths and for fish. I usually try and fish the deeper water, 10 - 13 feet, during the afternoon then move shallower toward sunset. I use Acme Phoebes, vibes and # 2 or #3 jigging rapalas tiped with minnows or minnow heads. The times I have been there, quite a few people were out there so it is easier to figure where to fish.

fool4fish

• View Profile
People are always skiddish when it comes to meeting new personality on a website to all who are new don't take it personally best advice 90% of guys on ice are good folks be courteous n ask if you feel unshure of things and odds are the next cool guy you meet on the ice is on Ifo as for the ice guides senerario who cares to each their own buckeye is a great place to trek off on your own n find fish
It goes without saying if its anything worth doing might as well do it right

fool4fish

• View Profile
Hey with that being said nobody likes to pay a guide even one you know watch the post guys will share a lot n you'll catch up anything u missed
It goes without saying if its anything worth doing might as well do it right

Vexilar