Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Buckeye lake ice 1/18/2016

Heaven Bound

• View Profile
Stop at Millersport deli and bait Today. Jim was telling me lake had over 2 inches over weekend an due to this cold weather it should be getting close. So i went to Fairfield beach to check . Walk out  and used my spud bar. I hit it with all my might four times in same place all I could due was chip it . The ice on top was clear with small  amounts of cloudy.  I forgot to bring my drill, but it is looking good.  have pictures. p.s. Jim has bass minnows now. He will get waxies Ice augers an blades wednesday. Bait store #740-467-2707  Always check ice. use spud bar an drill be safe. thanks.

First pic is where i hit ice with spud bar four hits one spot at fairfield beach.

Sec pic is Fairfield Beach
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 01:18:00 PM by Heaven Bound »

Just reeleyez

• View Profile
I was just there also, should be fishable mid week and definitely the weekend. I've never fished buckeye, do you usually have decent luck Heaven Bound?

Heaven Bound

• View Profile
Just reeleyez .Just some days are better than others . Seen lots of fish one day an next day not even a bite. Also had friends pull some monsters out last year on the ice. Good luck.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 05:16:39 PM by Heaven Bound »

Just reeleyez

• View Profile
I know how that goes. Gonna have to give it a try this weekend. Good luck this year!

linebacker43

• View Profile
Anymore updates outta Fairfield? Supposed to meet up with a group of guys Saturday morning to go out. So pumped!!!!

Just reeleyez

• View Profile
I haven't been back to check but will be there Saturday morning as well

Heaven Bound

• View Profile
There was two guys fishings left of Fairfield beach they where no to far out.
That was 1/19/2016

Crumy

• View Profile
Harbor hills had 5'' in the hole I poped tonight.

Vexilar