Ice Fish Ohio Forum

OSP MLK Day

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
1st time on the ice this season.Ice was 4" fished 2pm-645pm., Slow Bite., Fished Shallow., 6fow. took home a dozen crappies and a dozen gills. Waxies above the weeds. New Nils Auger with Clam Conversion Plate & DeWalt Drilled worked great.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
I've been debating getting a conversion kit for my Nils.  Does your drill battery run out quick?

Thanks and great report

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
nice  ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
MD: only drilled about 15 holes... no battery problems.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Glad you got into some IBJ. :)
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
How'd the shoulder hold up?  Glad to hear you got out!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
SS, the shoulder is shot... think it's worse than before the surgery.No strength whatsoever in it. there is no way I could ice fish this season if I had to hand drill holes.

The Dewalt Cordless Drill & Clam Conversion Plate have been a savior to my frigid fishiing addiction.

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Thank goodness for technology John.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
HoleHopper Gary:

You betcha!  The body is getting old & breaking down, but the spirit of ice fishing continues to ignite the fires.

Rumi

• Bucket Brigade Infantry
    • View Profile
    • OhioGameFishing
Inspiring report IBJ, thanks!
Love that sound of ice cracking at dawn!

Vexilar