Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Port Lakes/Nimisila/Walborn etc...

Aristarchus

• View Profile
If anyone happens to need someone to go out on the ice with please don't hesitate to get ahold of me. I live right by 619/Manchester Rd. I have weekends free as well as evenings during the week... if you like to go night fishing I am also interested. As much advance notice as possible is appreciated but the way things have been recently I could also head out on short notice. Of course I would be interested in other lakes as well, I just listed the ones close to where I live.

My primary interest is panfish and other edible fish.

This will be my first winter ice fishing, bait/lure recommendations would also be appreciated. I have a couple buckshot spoons, Lindy darters, some KJB Plastics lures, and a few run-of-the-mill standard ice fishing spoons.

Thanks for reading.
"The farther he goes, the more he realizes that he is standing on slippery places and if he allows himself for one moment to lose his simplicity and humility, a fall is inevitable."

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
welcome to the 'hard side' of fishing.  I'm strictly a hard water fisherman. Nimmy has been my "go-to' lake the last few years. 

Most likely, I'll be on Nimmy this weekend, Jan 23 &/or 24th.  Stop over & say hello. I have a 2 man Clam Nanook. If I have room, you're welcome to join me in the shanty... otherwise, drill some holes next me.

I'll be the fat guy in the red suit.. Not Santa Claus, but smokin a stogie.

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Aristarchus

• View Profile
Sounds great! Hopefully I won't fall through the ice if I make it out this weekend. I'll be the fat guy with the beard, who is also not Santa.
"The farther he goes, the more he realizes that he is standing on slippery places and if he allows himself for one moment to lose his simplicity and humility, a fall is inevitable."

Vexilar