Ice Fish Ohio Forum

NIMO A NO GO

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Went by nimo mon. 1-18 North end wide open blowing like lake erie,went to c-5 there is ice there,no body on it though,and i'm not gonna be the first one.Went back today 1-19 still could not get on,so headed for the only game in town,OSP. >:(
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

kortis04

• View Profile
I checked nimi today by the campground also.  That was the thickest on the lake.  Noone out.  Osp for me tomorrow after work also.  Who else will be out?

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
may be there tomm .. ...now that ice is growing there are reports filtering in from around the area ...I heard of other spots being fishable but I haven't checked them yet so cant say.
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

holehopper

• View Profile
Kortis,did you actually check ice,did you drill any holes?
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

holehopper

• View Profile
Got a report they are on some areas of nimo,gonna check it out today,thursday.

kortis04

• View Profile
Ill be there after work...hopefully it is better than last night  >:( ???

Warner22

• View Profile
Any word of the northern end of Nimisila? Was thinking about hitting it Saturday morning

Hawaiian Ice

• View Profile
North end has 4" of ice last night.  Got there after dark and got skunked.  Be careful if you want to wander out toward the south center of the lake.  We started out and found shifted ice sheets that overlap and refreeze and decided to stay closer to the North end.

Warner22

• View Profile
Thanks for the heads up! I normally fish on the north end by the power tower. Did you get over in that area?

holehopper

• View Profile
Warner that area was open water last Monday,so proceed with caution.

crappiehunter

• View Profile
campground is good to go i went out Thursday and had 5inches. there were about 5 shanties set up and a few guys on buckets and everyone was catching fish.....most of them not big but they were catching fish haha

holehopper

• View Profile
OK,thanks for report J.T.

Warner22

• View Profile
How was the ice by that point Hawaiian ice?

bluegillkiller

• View Profile
Seen tons people by campgrounds mite give go in am what should use bait only fished their one time ever

mrfishlip

• View Profile
Was out over by boat ramp on South main about 4 inches of ice. only went out about 60-70 yards.

Vexilar