Ice Fish Ohio Forum

good lakes

MWD2418

• View Profile
Kind of new to ice fishing I've fished buckeye lake one or two times a year for the past four years. But want to check some other lakes this year. What are some good lakes around central Ohio.

MWD2418

• View Profile
sure do appreciate the help to fine some new lakes to go to. But 14 people look at this but no help. I am just trying to find good lakes. I would like to see some good fishing I guess I will just have to drive around and try to find something or just stay at buckeye. I am not trying not to sound mad about this I thought this site was to help. I have read a lot of good safety tips and learned a lot here. And was hoping for some help. I am sorry if this makes some people mad I don't want to. Thank you

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
If you ever head NE OHIO try mosquito reservoir for walleye and panfish,west branch heard they caught lots of musky last fall,also listed on the home page is a list of all Ohio lakes,check out the past posts.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
I'm not trying to be a pain but good is relevant.  All the central Ohio lakes can be good but not all have good ice, access, or are tougher to fish than some of the others.  Buckeye and Indian, in my opinion are the 2 easiest to fish because of the lack of depth.  They are both pretty big which makes them tougher in that sense.  Alum, Delaware, and Hoover have great fishing but access can be tough and they are deeper.  They can all have their hot and not so hot days.

Good luck and stay safe.
Just my .02

MWD2418

• View Profile
Thank you both for that. I have wanting to go up to mosquito reservoir but to much going this month I might try in February.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
 Come join us on the NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES it's a great way to fish some new lakes and meet fellow members and ice fishermennot to far to travel either. Check us out it starts this Sunday at wingfoot lake,check the tournament thread for information
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Vexilar