Ice Fish Ohio Forum

1 21 2016 report

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
It was great getting on the ice today at Buckeye. It was good to see Doug Stewart, Josh and Eric on the ice.

Fished with CRV today and had a good day.

Started early in the morning in 5 ft of water with 5 inches of ice. Most of the fish were caught on the Clam Psycho Shad in Silver/Chartreuse, Jiggin Rapala and Swedish pimples.

Used the Vexilar 20 to locate them and was able to feel all the light bites with the new braided ice line from Gamma.

There a lot of other fish caught and the guys using tip ups did well also.

Good luck and be safe and check your own ice!
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

linebacker43

• View Profile
Not asking for coordinates but did you go out of Fairfield or were you someplace else?

g

• View Profile
Great job guys. Glad you finally got to get out Chris. Missed seeing you at the dock tourneys. Hope to get out with you and Dave at least once this year.

real deal

• View Profile
Ill be out today around 1 or 2 til dark. Red bass pro pull over hut. Ill post pics and where we were if i get into em good. Names Big Mitch

crv423

• Global Moderator
  • Catching is only half the fun!
    • View Profile
We will definitely have to meet on the ice Grant. What Dave isn't mentioning is I caught twice as many fish that were throw backs, lost the biggest at the hole, took home 1 more than he did, all with my vex on my dinning room table, that's right I out fished him again with NO vex! Poor fella :'(
Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Alum Creek, Buckeye lake guide

g

• View Profile
Love it Going to Buckeye tomorrow Indian was brutal today. Saw firefish and he didn't go out on Indian, too windy. He is going to Buckeye too. Only 1 keeper at North Fork. Hope we can fish together again.

Just reeleyez

• View Profile
Gonna be breezy tomorrow too but I'm heading up!

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Nice mess of fish guys,good going.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

fishmaniac

• View Profile
  anybody know if ice still ok??  I'll spud it.. Wanting to go thurs morning OT thurs noon to dark or later... Any report would be nice... Only chance to get out maybe all winter so wanna go....

Vexilar