Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 02:30:17 PM

Author Topic: 1/22  (Read 3025 times)

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
1/22
« on: January 22, 2016, 04:02:01 PM »

another tough day on the ice in the area I fished, I saw very few fish caught and we only marked an occasional fish that was not interested in anything I had, the water is milky stained , the ice is 6-7 BUT there is bad ice in the mouth of the river , I can see a sled going in tonight if they are not careful. There were a shit ton of guys around long island, I didn't stop so I don't know if they were catching. The last time I went to Moundwood(Tuesday) the mouth was still open water, no report on Blackhawk/ cranberries/ turkey foot/ garbage/Avondale/ or any other popular places. Good luck!

nags

• View Profile
Re: 1/22
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 05:24:45 PM »

Fished long island and North fork got skunked marked fish at North fork but they where not interested in any thing had one big and that was it drove thru black hawk on way back to St Mary's there where about half dozen cars there where to guys sitting at mouth of channel on main lake.

Bryan78

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 06:50:36 PM »

Where is garbage island? I've heard talk of it but don't know exactly which island they're talking about. I'm probably going out early in the morning just not sure if I want to try for eyes or the easier targets.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2016, 07:31:01 PM »

Garbage island. Drive past moundwood. You will see a bay on your right with an island in it. That's what they call garbage island. Think it's actually called something else on the maps but I fished with some locals last year and that's what they called it. Fwiw all we caught there were gills and a couple crappie but I guess they get em there sometimes. 
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar