Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 03:42:08 AM

Author Topic: 1-24  (Read 3873 times)

Bryan78

• View Profile
1-24
« on: January 24, 2016, 12:50:36 PM »

Finally had a decent day on the ice as far as size goes. Fished around pony island and caught several nice gills and a couple nice crappies. I was using a jig with a pink head with a tiny white body tipped with a red spike in 4 fow or less.

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Re: 1-24
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 04:20:08 PM »

Good for you,nice catch,thanks for reporting. :)
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 08:58:22 PM »

I should have just come fished with you this morning, Bryan. Struggled all morning and early afternoon. 4 decent gills and a bunch of small fish.  Got broken off once.  Ended up in shanty town between long and pony for the evening. Steady bite. Mediocre size. What fish were around were aggressive. Got bit from nearly every fish I marked. Did manage a half dozen crappie today but no keepers :'( and my first saugeye through the ice of the year. A massive 6 or 7 incher. Lol

g

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 08:51:16 AM »

Hey 30. wish it would have said pounder instead of incher behind the 6 or 7. At least you got out, my back hurt too bad to even try it. It hurt pretty bad Fri. when I went and it's nice to know my spud bar doubles as a crutch or cadn.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 08:47:52 PM »

Went back out today did pretty well at long island right off the bank by the bridge. Around 15 really nice gills and a slab black crappie.prob 12 1/2 inches.  Lost 2 more nice crappie and a big perch at the hole. Ice was so clear this morning you could see em under the ice.  Top of the ice took a beating from the temp today and it was raining when I left. Hopefully it stays cool enough to keep it safe. Back to work tomorrow :'(
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar