Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Kudo's to FishUSA...

Downthehole

• View Profile
Hi All,

So I ordered the attenuator for my FL-8 (So I can fish shallow water) on Monday. It shipped the same day from PA and will be here tomorrow (Wednesday). I paid standard shipping (5-7 business days) and it's coming 1st class. 1st time I've ordered from them and I'm very happy with the turnaround/low shipping cost.....kudo's...

Andy
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

Eyewall

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • epicicefishing.com
FISHUSA is awesome. Fast shipping and great customer service. Any order over $50 is free shipping. A lot of my orders have come in a day or two with regular shipping selected. I order all of my fishing gear through them, the prices are hard to beat.
EPIC ICE FISHING ADVENTURES-
ICEFISHOHIO.COM -
VEXILAR - PK LURES
ICEJUNKIESOUTDOORS.COM - ACE CUSTOM RODS
VULTURE SYSTEMS- VICIOUS FISHING
STRICKER ICE - AQUA VU- NEBULOUS FLOTATION
PRO CURE SCENTS- GRIM OUTDOORS

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
FISHUSA

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Sounds like a good deal. I'm curious to know more about the attenuator! Can you send me a link to the fishusa page?
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

Downthehole

• View Profile
Sounds like a good deal. I'm curious to know more about the attenuator! Can you send me a link to the fishusa page?

PM sent......Davivd advised me to get one (good advice) heres the link:

http://www.fishusa.com/product/Vexilar-Suppression-Cable-S-Cable-for-FL-8-and-FL-18

Description:

The S-Cable reduces the power of the Vexilar sonar by 50% to allow clear readings in extremely shallow water. It helps reduce clutter from debris in weedy conditions too. Installation is as simple as plugging it into your transducer jack, then plugging your transducer into the other end of the S-Cable.

Tight lines....

Andy

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
i have been buying from them for several years now,always satisfied,and prompt shipping
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
also have used them   ;D ;D ;D
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
Fish USA will be at the Expo with a 30 x 35 bulk space with the new 2016 Berkley Products and if you are one of the first 325 paid entrants to the expo you will receive a Fish USA T Shirt.
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

Optfish

• Trout from Antrim
    • View Profile
ALSO HAVE BOUGHT FROM THEM. NO problems with them. Sometimes I get picky & want specific items & have gone straight to Berkley, or other sources. I Think I may get one for my Flx 22. Thanks

Downthehole

• View Profile
So the suppressor (attenuator) is pretty cool. It halves the power to/signal from the transducer so the 20' range (S1) on an FL-8 becomes a 10' range. If you fish in water deeper than 10' then the attenuator is not required.

Here's the funny part : I tested it in the garage tonight. My wife held the ducer ~5' above the garage floor, I played at fishes with my fingers and at the same time tried to explain how a vex works. Needless to say it was a funny sight and resulted in a confused wife thinking her hubby is a nerd (again)......

Andy
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 04:20:20 AM by Downthehole »

Fishingoat

• View Profile
Does this work better then the low power mode on the 18?  I have been curious about these for a few yes but never really knew anyone who had tried it. 
Born to fish.   No plan B.

Downthehole

• View Profile
Does this work better then the low power mode on the 18?  I have been curious about these for a few yes but never really knew anyone who had tried it. 

I've never owned an 18 so I can't comment....

Vexilar