Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Need Help!!!

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
Apparently I cant keep flashers functional for very long. Tried Vex and assumed it was a brand thing after countless issues with my FL-8 and FL-12 and FL-18. at that point I bought a last minute backup VX-1 work flawless, but opted for a showdown (first edition) and the crystals exploded. went back to the lowly VX-1 again no issues but sold it to upgrade to a LX-3TC That has had the transducer replaced twice and now the motor is bad.
Question is... Am I the only one?
 ??? ??? ???
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Bad Karma??? I haven't a clue the reason for your bad luck.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Me neither. I've had a Vexilar FL-18 since they first came out with zero problems. Only thing I did was replace a battery. And I've had an FLX-28 for 2 years now and no problems either. Sorry for the run of bad equipment.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

walleyeguy

• View Profile
I had no problems with the FL18 that you sold to me so Vex fixed it right the last time. Now the 28 I just bought now that's another story. Gain knob stopped working again... hopefully 4 time will be the charm?
 I feel your pain.

g

• View Profile
Sorry to hear about your string of flasher problems. Glad my normal bad luck doesn't include my Vex. I have had my 18 since they came out and still use the original battery.Hope you have better luck in the future.

walleyeguy

• View Profile
Go back to Vex. They replaced my unit and sent it out as soon as they had confirmation that I sent the old one. cant beat that service! You can use the FL-18 if you would like now?

wballard77

• PRO STAFF
  • Wes Ballard
    • View Profile
Thanks! bought a New unit today
Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff

Vexilar