Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 02:12:25 PM

Author Topic: 1-30  (Read 3849 times)

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
1-30
« on: January 30, 2016, 08:59:24 PM »

Hit long before daybreak. Got two big perch and a nice crappie right off the bat and then it was gill fest again. Few keepers but a lot of sorting through smalls. Stuck it out all day and right at sunset the crappie fired up. Managed about a dozen keepers before they shut down at dark. So didn't kill em but at least I caught SOMETHING besides gills. Still about 5 inches at long island but it's softeningup and there is open water nearby. The shoreline had some open spots. I'm calling it until we get some cold weather. If you go out BE CAREFUL. Heard two guys went through at Achesons.

g

• View Profile
Re: 1-30
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 09:42:45 PM »

Sweet!!! Glad you got some nice keepers and a variety pack at that. I'm with you on giving it up until we get ice again. Time to fish the docks again.

Bryan78

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 10:37:49 PM »

It was nice fishing with you today. Thanks for grabbing lunch and trusting me not to steal all of your gear lol. Good job on the crappies and those were some damn nice perch.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 06:52:00 AM »

Great fishing with you too. Too bad you couldn't stay for the evening bite. And thanks for not stealing my stuff when I went for lunch. I'm not sure my marriage could survive it if I had to re buy all my ice gear. Lol

quackpot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 07:13:13 PM »

And like always I wasn't there that long. Nice job catching them and grant are you ready.
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar