Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Next Ice ?

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Going with Monday 2-15-16 for greater Akron area.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
I'm thinkin 2017  :o
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I think we'll see a short round 2, but probable mid month. I agree with hole hopper.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
How quickly you die-hards have given up,we are gonna have ice again.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Been ice fishing since the early 80's I can only recall one year with no ice but I do remember many times we have had a complete loss of ice then get a good freeze in late February late March , so I'm thinking I'll be standing on hard water March 1st

MDBuckeye

• View Profile
I like your train of thought wapak!  Hopefully sooner but being able to stand on hard water in March would be nice.

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
I'm thinking late feb, early March.. If at all.

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
We'll see. Would be nice to get out on the ice a couple more times but I'll be fishing either way.

kitcarson

• View Profile
keeping fingers crossed sure would be nice to get out again. need more gills for the freezer

kortis04

• View Profile
I hope you're all right....vacation the week of 2-15, and 3-15. 

g

• View Profile
Unfortunately, I agree with snowcone and predict 2017, at least for central Ohio. Praying I am wrong. Only time will tell

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Weds, 2/3 drive by at Portage Lakes was very very disappointing: All Open... East, Nimmy & North.

Hope we get more ice mid Feb.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Well g if they get good ice up north and we don't I'm always up for a road trip. Wish I wasn't so busy at work. I'd just pack up the truck and drive north until I found good ice and then stay for a few days.  Or drive south until it got warm and then stay for a few days. Lol. Guess for now I'll go sit on a dock and bitch about the weather.

g

• View Profile
Amen to that 30. Agree with going north which is what I am going to do Feb. 16 to Feb. 19. Heading to Wisconsin with 7 other guys for a snowmobile trip. Guess who will get side tracked and get in some ice fishing. HEE HEE!! If Northern Ohio does get ice and Central Ohio doesn't, we will have to get together Aaron and head north for a weekend.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
hey 30 I just looked in the freeze and there is good ice in there  ;D   but   I'm out of perch and have 2 paks of wally left so this weather needs to get with the program   ::) 
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar