Ice Fish Ohio Forum

SAYING UNCLE

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
I'm throwing in the towel,could have squeezed one more day out of osp,but with high temps,and high winds,just don't feel like dealing with the slush etc.and the poor catch rate thursday, made my mind up for me,got out 10 or 11 times,and i'm  good with that,maybe next season will be more favorable for us,time will tell. :) ;) :D
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm done now as well. Got out today at OSP, and there were a couple guys at Nimi but the ice is turning slushy. Maybe a brave soul or 2 might get tomorrow morning, but I won't be among them.  Didn't get skunked, and got a nice bass in the process. Will put report in portage lakes board. But at least we ice fished this year, hopefully next year will be better.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Just unloaded the truck and put everything away,oiled the auger blades,and hung it up till next year,now i know it's really over. >:( >:( >:(
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
Yeah I came home from work today and put away the shanty, auger, spud and other ice gear. Left enough out to dock fish. I do have a question. Anything special I need to do to my flip shanty for storage?

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I always wipe mine out and make sure everything's dry. Then I set it up in my basement so no mice can get to it and so it's not crumpled up all summer. If that's not an option, make sure 100% dry then put the cover on and store out of direct sunlight and where it'll stay dry and free of moisture. It'll last for years if you do that.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Walked out on OSP Friday after work around 4:30pm. Talked to Fish2Win Sean, Bobberbucket Dave, Erie Angler Justin and a few other OGFers. Bite was slow. Ice looked like it'll hold up tomorrow morning.

Gonna try OSP in the Saturday morning for a couple of hours.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Downthehole

• View Profile
We did it our way!  :)
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
heavy sigh   :-\    but  spring is closing in 
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Downthehole

• View Profile
heavy sigh   :-\    but  spring is closing in 

Spring = pre-spawn and post spawn bass fun!

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
Bring on the spring gobblers and river smallies... The fat lady has sang.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yep, definitely time to shift focus to the soft water bass season. I've already begun perperations for it.
It will be with a heavy heart that I will be unloading the truck this afternoon of my ice gear for what I believe will be the last time till next December.  :'(

Team Wilcraft!

g

• View Profile
Unfortunately another ice season has come to an end. The shanty, auger, spud bar and safety gear have been put away awaiting next years adventures. The rest of my gear gets used year round. Won't be long and I'll be using the Vex to catch crappies and saugeyes from the boat. Come on and warm up since ice season is over.

Downthehole

• View Profile
Unfortunately another ice season has come to an end. The shanty, auger, spud bar and safety gear have been put away awaiting next years adventures. The rest of my gear gets used year round. Won't be long and I'll be using the Vex to catch crappies and saugeyes from the boat. Come on and warm up since ice season is over.

I'm going to experiment with the vex on my boat this year......can't wait...

bruce136

• View Profile
 It was great to fish with all of you and meet new faces! Thank you for the invites, company and guidance to all I got to cross paths with this season!

It would be great to get together for an Erie (or other trip) during the soft water season.

Most of all,  I would like to thank  "Team Rusty Fishing and Equipment Recovery" for their support!!!!!!

Vexilar