Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Saying goodbye after only 2 trips.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I believe it's now time to officially say goodbye to this ice season, barring a miracle. It goes down as a freaky sort of year with 2 brief ice rounds. After going well over 100 times the previous 2 seasons, only got in 2 trips this year, for a total of less than 4 hours on the ice. Once at Nimi and yesterday at OSP. Not totally unproductive, got a couple nice perch at Nimi and a very nice big bass at OSP, along with the dinks that always come. Just a season that fell short of hopes and dreams both in terms of length and times on the ice. Shanty and gas auger never left the basement. Never got to use my new palm rods either. But it could've been worse, I could've been skunked when I went, or worse, never got out at all.  All this short season did was leave me wanting more!   Come on 2016-2017 season!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Downthehole

• View Profile
Yeah, we need some Day After Tomorrow movie stuff!...probably not going to happen....we did it our way!
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

quackpot

• View Profile

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
good bye  :-*
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Downthehole

• View Profile
good bye  :-*

Farewell, it's been nice knowing you this short while. See you next year!

Strongpersuader

• View Profile
Hold on guys, depending how much base is left in all the areas, we could get another trip or two in. Some cold temps coming.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I just saw that this morning. They kinda changed it a bit. Maybe 1 more out of OSP. Would love that, but not holding my breath yet.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
yeah its over this year , already shining up the boat for some erie fish. but we shall see all of you somewhere , someday, fair sailing everyone . I'm sad because we had a short ice season but I'm super happy winter wasn't as bad as last and its warmer... ;D ;D ;D ;D  so if you see me out I'm in a blue / white crestliner  with a big smile on my face kinda like a dog with its head out the window ,,hehehehehh   
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Downthehole

• View Profile
I bank fished at my local pond yesterday......it was great!

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
I all ready put a couple of my shanty's in the basement. :( Not holding my breath that we will get round 3.

g

• View Profile
An end to a disappointing season. I feel lucky to have gotten out 6 times. Already dreaming about next year. What areas do you normally fish at Erie snowcone? I regularly fish Kellys in a Classic 2250 Bayliner. Maybe we can meet up sometime.

Vexilar