Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Tired of the heat

g · 16 · 9381

g

• View Profile
Really tired of this heat and humidity. Going through withdraws not being able to go fishing. I know it is summer and Aug. but we need a break soon. The farmers almanac says fall is going to be above average temps too. Oh joy, oh rapture. Come on cooler weather.

Evinrude58

• View Profile
Hope you aren't letting the heat keep you from fishing that would be as bad as not fishing in winter because of the cold. Only weather that ever keeps me from fishing is thunderstorms. I fish 3-5 times a week except when there is no soft water but the ice isn't safe. Actually been doing pretty good last few weeks on cats and crappie.

LeeinOH

• Niles McKinley #794
    • View Profile
What does the almanac say about this winter???? Ice fishing is all the fishing I do as I'm just too busy in the summer.  Last year was a real letdown after the previous two winters.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
 Well I have also had enough of this heat and this summer  of lousy fishing and miserable humidity. Even lake erie has been mediocre at best. Hopefully this ice season won't be a let down. Fingers crossed !
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

LeeinOH

• Niles McKinley #794
    • View Profile
I was hoping to ice fish on Erie last winter.... maybe this year.  A long walk, but from what I've seen it's worth the effort.

Just reeleyez

• View Profile
Hey Nate, when will you have the dates and locations for this winter?

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
I will have them posted by mid September . Hope everything works well for the series this year, we can do without a repeat of last year.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

30inthabucket

• Ice fishing calls... I answer
    • View Profile
I don't fish a whole lot during the summer heat. The fish don't bite real well a lot of the time and I just don't enjoy being out and miserably hot. Give me ice any day over that . I go out bass or cat fishing some this time of year but I'm usually fishing early morning or at night. Cooler Temps are on the way soon tho. And I did see a forecast for this winter that looks pretty promising. El nino is gone and they are calling for some pretty cold Temps this winter. I wouldn't bet the farm on it but hopefully it will be better than last year.

g

• View Profile
I'm with you Aaron, give me ice fishing any day. Hope this year is better than last year. If it is any worse, I'll be able to use the boat this winter or tag along with you since yours has an outboard.

Downthehole

• View Profile
I'm with you guys! I go out at 7:30am before the sun gets too high however; by 9:30am the heat/humidity have been unbearable. Roll on fall and winter!l
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
I just want to fish, have went one time since the start of summer.

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
it will be cooling down soon,looking forward to some perch and steelie fishing,and then of course the ice.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Ditto!  Only fished twice since ice off. Both times on Erie.  Killed the bass drop shotting in 14-20 feet of water, but even there the water temp was 80.5 over 15 feet off Mentor. Heat is crazy!  Haven't even bothered with bass on the inland lakes, too hot and too busy prepping the nursery! 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

g

• View Profile
Yea, finally a tolerable weekend, too bad it's a holiday weekend. Will be a zoo at Erie this weekend. I usually don't go out until later afternoon and fish until after dark so most people are already done.

Bigeyurk25

• View Profile
i heard the almanac said a very cold and snowy winter her in northeast ohio.

Vexilar