Ice Fish Ohio Forum

What's your Ice Fishing Transport setup:Reality and Dream

Banker · 7 · 4526

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Looking at purely vehicle make model trailer make model and machine make models what makes them better for ice fishing than the competition
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

g

• View Profile
I think it is all personal preference. I wish my truck was 4 wheel drive instead of 2 wheel drive, hopefully the next one. I prefer snowmobiles over 4 wheelers since they can go over cracks without using boards. An enclosed trailer would be great to keep equipment clean and dry. Will have all the above sometime in the future, hopefully.

Banker

• Global Moderator
  • With God, All things are possible. Matthew 19:26
    • View Profile
    • www.iceprofromohio.com
Thanks g
Scott Albrecht
"Banker"
www.iceprofromohio.com

John 21:6 He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some."

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
not gonna happen,but a air boat I guess.
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I have a 2013 Toyota Tacoma 4 door, 4WD, Long Bed.  I've had small trucks for over 40 years....Chevy S10, Ford Ranger & Dodge.

IMO, Toyota is the best.  If I was towing, I think I'd prefer a Tundra though.

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Downthehole

• View Profile
Mine would be a helicopter, one that I could land on thick ice in and have a pop-up and gear in the back. If the ice isn't thick enough I'd want to be able to under sling a snow mobile or atv and sled under it. If the ice isn't thick enough again I'd then under sling a sled only.....the common denominator would be the heli....obviously......I can dream!
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

Vexilar