Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Got Lucky Today

bigfisher937

• View Profile
    One of my stops on my route today was the Cabela's in Centerville. My job "forces" me to walk through their bargain cave to get to my equipment. Of course I keep an eye out for any must haves. Well I just happened to see a small black and white picture of a 2 man flip shanty, pinned to a cork board.

When i asked the lady about it. She told me it was a floor demo, and was priced accordingly. I assumed it was either junk or hardly marked down. I was pleasantly surprised. Turned out to be a Frabill 2110 Aegis. It seemed to be good condition and mostly there (minus the black strip that holds the cloth to the tub). The best part is, they marked it down from $400 to $200! To me that constituted as a "must have".

So now I won't be able to sleep for the next few nights. I'll be lying there imagining how I want to trick it out. After seeing Downthehole's mods, I'm thinking about using HDPE. So long as the weight is = or < 3/8'' plywood. Well either way, it's safe to say the wait for safe ice just got a little longer.

Downthehole

• View Profile
That's a great deal....nice one!

HDPE is way lighter than ply - that's one reason I used it. I also think it will be more durable as its water resistant......

Andy
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

Vexilar