Ice Fish Ohio Forum
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 03:44:48 AM

Author Topic: Ice Check  (Read 4029 times)

ratherbefishing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Ice Check
« on: December 14, 2016, 03:27:02 PM »

I will be checking the ice Thursday at 3:45pm on various locations at the north end of the lake. The ice is not ready, or even worth your drive yet. Please be patient and wait for word from our staff who are putting their good name on the report.

I have been keeping an eye on the lake, and it looks as though a few of our veteran members are doing the same. I don't recommend making the drive at this time, even with the sub zero overnight temperatures.

I am allowing for one more evening, night and day of low surface temps before I try again based on what I saw on Monday.

Anson and I will be there checking together in order to confirm safety and we'll issue a report following our check.

As always, be sure to check your own ice. Never trust someone else's report with your life. Have a spud bar/chisel, picks and a throw rope handy for the person you check with. Remember that only one person at a time should be on the sheet at the first check. Do not (under any circumstances)check alone.

Good Fishin'

Ryan Kerns

Ice Fish Ohio Pro Staff
Vexilar Pro Staff
Clam Pro Staff

Ask me about:
Ice Safety
Vexilar Flashers
Lake St. Clair
Canadian Fishing
C.J. Brown
Indian Lake
Jason Mitchell Rods/Ice Armor by Clam
Panfish
Walleye
Saugeye

Salmonid

• View Profile
Re: Ice Check
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 07:34:10 PM »

Good stuff!! thanks for the check, Ill be up at GLSM Early Sat doing the same thing, I expect only channels to be ok there, unlikely the open water of the lake will have enough, my buddies told me today that they only got like 3/4" of snow and much of it blown off already so that should help in the next few days as far as making ice goes, Ill post results mid day Sat or earlier if the bite sucks..LOL  My goal is to put a lot of time into GLSM this year and try to crack the ice code up there..LOL

Salmonid

fishintechnician

• PRO STAFF
  • IFO Prostaff
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Check
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 07:39:44 PM »

Ryan I heard good things from a couple people today, I will not pass on second hand news tho as I feel this is just plain irresponsible. Too many people rely on unreliable reports and don't check for them selves. It's just a bad situation. Ryan and I will be checking, and hopefully fishing but only if it's safe to do so.
Pages: [1]

Pages: [1]
Print Print

Vexilar