Ice Fish Ohio Forum

You got to be kidding

Panman · 14 · 7743

Panman

• View Profile
We can't catch a brake it's going to get cold and now it's going to snow. Now we have to pray for no ice until after the snow cause we don't want snow on top of ice that's just starting that will give us a really bad base ugh.

bp17oang

• View Profile
I'm not sure it matters either way based on the extended forecast.  No sustained temps below freezing beginning the 10th.

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I know!  This stinks!!  This is total BS!!  But the last time we had 2 back to back years of lousy ice, they were followed by 2 of the best ever!!  Even if timid year is slow, it'll pick up.  And all the winter forecasts said there's a pronounced January thaw, then it will be an extremely cold February.  Fingers crossed!
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
sitting here listening to the wind howl and the white caps I saw on springfield ?  what if we don't get more ice, ?  I'm tellin ya   aliens, there stealing our cold!   
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

fishingful

• View Profile
I saw the white caps on Springfield today also. Sure ate up that ice.

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
sitting here this morn with my coffee and seeing the 8 deg at night for three days and then 40 s in the future, wow my head hurts.
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

g

• View Profile
Good old Ohio weather, you never know what to expect. I will take whatever ice we will get and be happy with it. Hope Feb. will be cold.

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
 Well guys we just can't win, just saw the forecast and we got arctic air for the next few days the 50s with rain next week! WTF
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Aristarchus

• View Profile
"The farther he goes, the more he realizes that he is standing on slippery places and if he allows himself for one moment to lose his simplicity and humility, a fall is inevitable."

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
PLX: Thursday 4:30pm
East:100% OPEN
Long: 80% OPEN
North: 30% OPEN
Nesmith: 100%OPEN

We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
Thanks for the report john,but not what I was hoping to hear........ :'( :'(
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Just saw the weather, next Tuesday and Wednesday temps in the 50s and believe it or not 66 on thursday. I cat even take it anymore this sucks!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

Green Pea

• View Profile
If the weather does what they say I will fight back by ridding my motorcycle. Actually I threw my Marcum in one saddle bag and poles with gear in the other and hit the CJ docks last week. Kinda fun ridding in my ice suit.

Vexilar