Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Cool gadget I just stumbled across-arrived-updated review with pics

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
It's called a crappie coffin. It slides in your ice hole and is basically an ice fishing net. Really cool video and concept they have going on. I ordered one to see how I like it.  Curious to try it out. Has anyone heard of, seen, or used this before??
Here's a link to their page:
http://www.tacticalfishing.net/store/p10/8%22_Crappie_Coffin.html

PS, sorry quackpot, another gadget we will buy!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 09:51:39 PM by slabslayer »
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
 I saw it this year at the St. Paul ice fishing show, looked cool. The only thing I questioned was how did it work while using vertical swimming lures like jigging raps etc.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I think it'd be useful in very thick ice conditions where you have a "tunnel affect" bringing up hooked fish and losing them as they "bang" the sides of the ice hole.

Here in Ohio, I just dont think it'd be practical or necessarry.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Probably not, but 2 years ago it would've helped me out a lot.  When we were fishing on over a foot of Ice. I got it for that once in a decade season.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

holehopper

• Thy seas are so great,and my boat is so small.
    • View Profile
looks like there could be a issue trying to feed your line and lure through the small hole in the bottom of the net,just sayin,maybe not........... :) :) :)
I love sports,especially one I can do sitting down!                                                                          Freshwater Drum-Life Member                                                                      Trigger-X

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
gosh buddy  all  is good with a gaff , i have one i have carried for 25 yrs  ,   GAFF  EM .....
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Downthehole

• View Profile
Does anyone use those plastic hole liners, I regularly get snapped off and wondered if they would help.....
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 09:38:47 AM by Downthehole »
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'm going to try it. Should be here Tuesday. Just in time for the Ice to melt again. So I'll give it a shot for round 3.

Team Wilcraft!

fool4fish

• View Profile
Cool invention too costly for narrow application of only sm jigs id be too worried trying to get a spoon with treble or jigging raps like others mentioned down plus id think that sleeve would up pretty high on lite ice conditions 5in or less unless i didnt see the collapsable sidewall feature to make sleeve shorter
It goes without saying if its anything worth doing might as well do it right

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I'll see. I got it for one specific application on a certain lake. If it works great I'll use it more, but I'll know more when it comes this week and I can see it and play around with it. 

Team Wilcraft!

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
PIC?????
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
ok i  i just cant keep quiet anymore,  NO THNX,  THAT IS A TRAIN WRECK WAITING TO HAPPEN.. 
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
It should come today. I got it for one place where I fish for big bass thru the ice. I'll never use it on gills and crappie.
Would probably work great for whiskered walleye!!  :o

Team Wilcraft!

quackpot

• View Profile
Yeah thanks I think I will pass on this. John there is a place on the bottom of his thread you can click on to see it. I don't usually have ice that thick, that would leave a bunch above the ice.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Agreed on the thick ice. It would need to be like 2-3 years ago to use.  But in that one season if it helps me get a big eye on Berlin or not lose that giant bass it's worth it to me to save 1 big fish.

Team Wilcraft!

Vexilar