Ice Fish Ohio Forum

What docks are legal to fish from?

Green Pea

• View Profile
I've been looking at google overhead to try and get an idea of where I could dock fish in the East Harbor area or Catawba.

I would like to head up for a over night stay and hit some docks in the morning kind of trip but I have no idea what docks you can legally fish from.

I would like to target Crappie and Perch. Any tips on public places would be appreciated.

Green Pea

• View Profile
I want to clarify, I am not asking for anyones honey hole. My question is a general question. Are the docks around Catawba and east harbor state park open to the public. I'm assuming the majority of what I see on google around Sandusky are private.

OhioFisher19

• Global Moderator
  • More Fishin' Less Talkin'
    • View Profile
    • Ohio Outdoors
Kinda one of those things your not going to find an answer to... All are privately owned. Some don't mind some do. Do some driving and "test" a few and see what happens. Talk to someone if they are around.
TEAM IFO Pro Staff
CYA On The Water,
Capt. Jonny Fickert
 "Fishing and Fun with Jonny Fickert"

Green Pea

• View Profile
OK, well thank you. That's what I thought by looking overhead. I was hoping a Marina at a park or something might have public docks. Thanks again for the heads up.

fishingful

• View Profile
I am not telling  you to trespass bUT it's kind of a try and see type of thing. East harbor is a for sure place to go. A little further down the road is the state park marina I would try there. I have fished the marina next door to it. Anchors Away but my dad and step mom have had their boats there for 20 years. Never caught much either.

g

• View Profile
I fish Bass Haven marina in the summer and have never had a problem.

Green Pea

• View Profile
I appreciate the help everyone. With no ice to be found I'm trying make dock fishing a little more interesting.

Thanks again

Vexilar