Ice Fish Ohio Forum

New guy

Ketchum · 17 · 13134

AtticaFish

• View Profile
    • JigCraft.com
Hey Ketchum.  Glad to see someone else from my general area.  I fish Willard a lot during the spring and fall...... gets too busy for my liking in the summer.  There are still plenty of walleye in there and some giants, they are picky as heck though.  Last years big fish for me was 27".  ;) The perch, no clue what happened to them.  I have honestly not caught a perch in there for the last 3 years.  Before that, i could bring home 6 to 12 in a trip just casting from shore.  Never had much luck there through the ice, but also have not hit it very hard to learn it through the ice either.  Hoping to hit it up after dark this year (if the ice allows) and see if i can find one or 2 walleye.  I will probably be up checking Bellevue out this weekend.  Maybe we can meet up and fish sometime on the ice.

Ketchum

• View Profile
Atticafish your not to far from me. I live right outside Greenwich. I only tried ice fishing Willard once last year and didn't do so well. Ice was lil sketchy I didn't move around much plus I didn't really know anything bout ice fishing just drop a jig in hole with wax worm and jiggle it lol.  Im alil more educated this year and armed with a flasher. I have a cousin that lives right down the street keeping an eye on the ice for me. I'll deff try get ahold of ya when it gets goin here hopefully soon

Vexilar