Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Sunday 12/3/2017

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Took a ride around PLX & Nimmy Sunday afternoon walking the Nimisila Dam with my son's dog, TAZ., Seemed like it was gonna be the last warm day of season. Spotted a few shoreline & boat fisherman. Spent some time driving around East Reservoir & Turkeyfoot looking for winter access places for ice fishing. No luck at East, but saw a couple of places around Turkeyfoot that are possibilities for parking and accessing the lake. Smoked a stogie dreaming of our upcoming ice season thinking of possible areas of Nimmy I've never ice fished.
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
 It's kinda hard to think about ice fishing with weather like were still having but I catch myself daydreaming about it often!
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
well guys I'm back,  and man you gotta quit those stogies  lol   you mean theres places on nimi we haven't been on ?
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I know right!!  The area around the dam is the only one I haven’t really explored that much thru the ice.  Maybe I should try down there.  As well as around the south islands, long walk and I don’t get there that much, but one fall I did get a 24.5” saugeye in a channel between he islands and shore. 
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
... Would really enjoy getting a group of us together to hit the southern end of Nimmy this ice season., maybe meet at the C6 Boat Launch.(I've never fished it either., so I think it'd be a blast to have a bunch of us trek out there in search of our finned fellas).

I'm guessing that deep water area would be good mid-to-late season instead of early season ice?  Your thoughts or past experiences with the Dam area of Nimmy?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 06:52:18 AM by icebucketjohn »
We Ice Fisherman are all highly addicted, shivering psychotic patients in the frozen asylum of the frigid"

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
theres deep water down that way but its a haul from any where ya launch.  i have tried from the south west parking lot , the drop is steep. if ya come in from the boat launch off of main st and go south to the dam its closer. there is a deep area on the west bank only a few feet from shore . would be fun .
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I'd definitely be in!  And I'm in agreement on checking later in the season.  Let the ice thicken up a bit with the channel running thru there and at first ice I'm usually chasing the big bluegill and crappie up shallow.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Kingrobjr93

• View Profile
Too bad you cant park down at then end of the dam where they cleared at all the woods that be an easy walk from that shoreline.

gillhunter

• View Profile
Why couldn't you just park at the dam and launch from there?

icebucketjohn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Too steep a grade to haul a shanty

gillhunter

• View Profile
ahhh. Safety first. Well hope I run into you out there. Good luck

Vexilar