Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Ice fished today—12/18/17

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Went out thus afternoon for a couple hours.  VERY SKETCHY, WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TRYING!!!  I sat in my sled and pushed myself out to the spot about 50’ off shore using my spud bar.  There were places of 3-3.5” of Ice and places of 1 1/2” slush where bar went thru on one gentle tap.  After tonight it’s done.  What little was there was deteriorating as I fished thru some rain and drizzle. Did get a couple nice gills and crappie, but action was slow.  Fishing 4 feet down in 7 feet of water with a Eurotackle tungsten jig tipped with a waxie.  
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 03:28:19 PM by slabslayer »
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
nice crappy   by the way   did you bump your head?
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

g

• View Profile
Glad you got 1 trip under your belt slab. Good to hear you made it out and back safely. Come on round 2.

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Not this time on the head bump!!  I’m ready for the next round though!!  I took my gear out of my truck tonight so I won’t be tempted to go again tomorrow.  If temperatures were going down to the mid 20’s I’d think about a quick morning trip.  But with it staying above freezing I’m done. No desire to fall in again.   
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

z400wolverine

• View Profile
Jeff and I found some ice in a small bay on Sunday,all pearch,nothing big,less than 4' of water! Seen and talked to Chuck at Menards the other day! Glad you had the chance to make it out!

slabslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Me too!!  First time in 363 days!  We’re slow right now.   We have only 1 project to finish up for this year in the beginning of January.  Next year looking good, already have a good amount of work to start up.  But I’m going not much before March 1.  I need some mega ice fishing this winter!!

Team Wilcraft!

snowcone

• Global Moderator
  • here fishey
    • View Profile
soon , soon     its going to get  brrrrr   real quick  lol
the time you spend fishing cannot be deducted from your life...

Vexilar