Ice Fish Ohio Forum

12/30 Loramie

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Fished around Luthmans today, caught 17 nice crappies all were in the 10-12" range, nothing huge, tried for the saugeyes later in the day, didn't catch any. The crappies I caught were in the middle of the channel, I was using a tungsten tiger orange glow, I noticed some guys using minnows and they seemed to be doing better than I did. The wind wasn't playing today, it was dangerously cold out there today, but most of all....... there were only 3 guys out there and they were 200' away from me

jaybird62

• PRO STAFF
  • another great day
    • View Profile
that's a good crappie bite, hope to get down there soon

be safe, it aint no fun if you dont live to lie about it
IFO prostaff
NAFC life member

nags

• View Profile
How was the ice around boat ramp side of luthmans thinking of heading there wendsday

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Not sure around the boat ramp, but the places I fished had well over 5" of good clear solid ice, I've been want to try the area west of the boat ramps, the dredge line was there several years ago and we did pretty good on panfish but the ice really hasn't been that great for some time to wander that far off the beaten trail. I will be out Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, unfortunately, I have to work Fri-Sunday 12hrs shifts but back on it the following Monday

roosterfish

• View Profile
Where is Luthmans? I’ve never been to Laromie, but thinking about going tomorrow afternoon. Just looking for a place to put-in with good ice, and maybe a couple of crappie.

Thanks!
Mark

nags

• View Profile
Thanks i sm taking day off work wendsday may try lorimie or kiser not sure i drive a light blue honda pilot give me a shout if we cross

DirtMerchant

• View Profile
I fished the boat ramp side at Luthmans today. There Was 4-4.5” good ice. Missed a couple fish but it was pretty slow. Then we hit the brickhouse channel and got a couple dozen gills and a few short crappie. I’ll probably be fishing loramie all week too if anyone wants to hook up. Or I’ll join the group searching for grandlake crappie. I live in Montezuma so it would be nice if I could find some fish here! Lol

nags

• View Profile
I live in St.Marys and GLSM is frustrating as heck when ice comes on co worker fished all day and only one crappie back in maples south side sure would be nice to figure out where all those crappie go

wapak ice dawg

• PRO STAFF
    • View Profile
Where is Luthmans? I’ve never been to Laromie, but thinking about going tomorrow afternoon. Just looking for a place to put-in with good ice, and maybe a couple of crappie.

Thanks!
Mark

Luthman's is on the East end of the Lake, it's the name of the road and most people associate the name "Luthman's" with the bridge that crosses over the lake. It was at one time the best place to saugeye fish through the ice, we still catch some there but it has cooled down over the past couple of years.

Vexilar