Ice Fish Ohio Forum

CJ Saturday

bruce136 · 32 · 19735

bruce136

• View Profile
Visitor center: 5 feet from bank had 5” of ice, but did test holes 10 feet apart going out and each hole lost 1/2” of thickness. Headed back to shore when it was 3.5”. Should be good to go in a few days.

Saw(from the road) a guy fishing off the main boat ramp. Not sure of ice status there.

Marina: thickness was 4” - 5” everywhere we checked. Rusty caught 1 crappie and several gills. Dave the “net boy” Pelfreycaught a few gills. I caught over 50 gills ( only 4 keepers).

It was good to get out.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 05:35:22 AM by bruce136 »

Ntoiceman36

• Administrator
  • iceman cometh
    • View Profile
Awsome, thanks for the pictures.
DIRECTOR NE OHIO PAN FISH SERIES
PRO STAFF ICE FISH OHIO

quackpot

• View Profile
Nice going glad to see you’re chasing them

g

• View Profile
Glad you all got out and at least caught some fish. Good job playing it safe by the visitor center. Stay safe and good luck.

Tin Guppy

• View Profile
Grant I was off the visitors point today and the ice was 3.5"
Me and Mark got some crappie & cats ,and Wb.

markplusone

• View Profile
I think I was the guy you saw off of the main boat launch.  I was drilling as I was walking out.  Every hole was between 4-4.5" of the good stuff.  I'm new to the area so Ive been trying to just get out.  Its been hard not having my ice fishing after moving here from northeastern PA.  This is going to be the year though it seems! Picked up a couple walleyes on tipups.  Struck out on the jigging rod except a couple cracker gills.  Lots of lookers though

g

• View Profile
Nice job Rusty. Hope you got some slabs.

Downthehole

• View Profile
Visitor center: 5 feet from bank had 5” of ice, but did test holes 10 feet apart going out and each hole lost 1/2” of thickness. Headed back to shore when it was 3.5”. Should be good to go in a few days.

Saw(from the road) a guy fishing off the main boat ramp. Not sure of ice status there.

Marina: thickness was 4” - 5” everywhere we checked. Rusty caught 1 crappie and several gills. Dave the “net boy” Pelfreycaught a few gills. I caught over 50 gills ( only 4 keepers).

It was good to get out.

Glad you got out Bruce....
Newbie to ice fishing but loving it!

bruce136

• View Profile
Markplusone,
Glad you got a few. There are plenty of us on the board that are usually able to get out on the ice if you need a 2nd (or 6) to go out with you. It’s a little more safe.
 I’m planning on going Friday after work. Probably CJ, but I’m open to anywhere.

g

• View Profile
Nice job markplusone. Keep after them and you will get them. Good luck Fri. Bruce. What time are you going?

bruce136

• View Profile
I get off at 7 in the morning, so after that. Did you have somewhere in mind?

markplusone

• View Profile
Markplusone,
Glad you got a few. There are plenty of us on the board that are usually able to get out on the ice if you need a 2nd (or 6) to go out with you. It’s a little more safe.
 I’m planning on going Friday after work. Probably CJ, but I’m open to anywhere.

Thanks for the offer.  Typically I go out on the ice with a group but alas I'm in a new state.   And without getting a deer to make my summer sausage and snack sticks, its been difficult to lure new cohorts. LOL  Now that I know people actually ice fish here, Ill make sure to at least make mention of my plans to see if anyone is willing to go.  I was even thinking about this afternoon/evening.  Anyone else going to be out at C.J.?

roosterfish

• View Profile
I’m thinking about going on Friday. Either the dam area, or the marina…..whichever offers the best opportunity for crappie.

Only 2nd time fishing CJ Brown….any bait stores open at 7am nearby? I only need wax worms.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 10:30:32 AM by roosterfish »

CJ Brown IceMan

• View Profile
Rooster fish,
No bait stores around there that is open that early.
I would try Walmart  the pet area... the feed lizards those bugs
Good luck and if you see a Frabill shanty say hello

roosterfish

• View Profile
Thanks, I usually have to get waxies from the pet store….they must think that I have some very hungry lizards!

Vexilar