Ice Fish Ohio Forum

Tired of looking down?

Hoss5355

• View Profile
After every trip, I was sick of having a sore neck from staring down at my vex, camera, etc, for a long period of time.  I went to Target and picked up a cheap tv tray, and had to modify it a hair for my shanty, but it worked great.  It is light, and folds up in the bottom of the shanty.  Since I have plenty of room, this is pretty nice.  Keeps the camera up high, and gives me a place to set bait, lure boxes, etc.  Vex will also fit up there, but I started setting it on a minnow bucket to keep it up a little bit.

davidhoheisel

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Great Lakes Largemouth Series
That's one i will have to try. My neck kills me to after a day on the ice.

Thanks
David Hoheisel

Pro Staff
IceFishOhio.com
Jason Mitchell Rods
Clam
Vexilar
GrandPa Bob's Crappie Jigs
Jammin Jigs

slabslayer

• You can never drill too many holes!
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Good idea, I'll try that one too.
Inland Guide Service: Servicing NE Ohio lakes: Deer Creek, Atwood, Berlin, Dale Walborn, PLX, and Nimisila; for crappie, bluegill, saugeye, and walleye.

Team Wilcraft!

Pro Staff: IceFishOhio, JM Jigs, Eurotackle

Custom jigs available--pm for details

Hoss5355

• View Profile
I think the tray was like 6 or 7 bucks, and even if it only lasts one year, it was worth it.  I had to move the support up about 4 inches, but it was just nailed in to a dowel.  Without the support though, it was really unstable, because I thought about just taking it out.  If your shanty doesn't have the ridge in the middle, it should be fine how it is.

Vexilar